What is going on with FXHome's YouTube channel?

Anhoeng
Anhoeng Posts: 120 Enthusiast

Its been a month since any uploads on the FXHome channel. There used to a lot of content, like 1 or 2 uploads a week.

Answers

• Andersen01498
    Andersen01498 Posts: 1,221 Enthusiast
    edited January 22

I know some people left the company recently. However, I have no idea what's going on. Hitfilm just had a cute response to me on Facebook ...they said we have something coming. Just let us know what you want...we are listening to our users. So basically a brush-off response as usual.

• Anhoeng

Yup. Considering that they called last years update one of the biggest updates to ever be released to Hitfilm, im not sure what to expect. Hopefully they are adding the features that has been lingering in the feature requests since 2020. They definitely need to bring something big to the software to keep their community interested.

• Andersen01498
    Andersen01498 Posts: 1,221 Enthusiast

Yes, however, I think it's a tad bit too late. I'm trying to be optimistic here but I am just pointing out what I am currently seeing.

• Anhoeng

Im in the same position. I own other editing softwares like After Effects, Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve and Vegas Pro, but because of experience and knowledge in Hitfilm Pro, I tend to use Hitfilm for my projects. However, when i need to do something like speedramping or rotobrushing, i need to switch to another software, and do it in there. This is a hassle, and makes doing simple stuff, more compicated.

It seems like Hitfilm is heading towards a future as a social media editor, instead of a visual effects software considering most of the tutorials that is posted on the FXHome channel, seems to be about how to edit youtube, tiktok and instagram videos. Tom and Javert, were the ones that gave us the VFX Tutorials, and alot of the VFX knowledge we have today, but since they are parting ways with FXHome, I suspect this will impact FXhome negatively.

It might be to late, but teasing what they are working on, to try to give us Hitfilm fans something to hold onto, is probably not a bad idea.