Can't type some characters like O ?

zakmichael
zakmichael Posts: 11 Just Starting Out*

I have installed and reinstalled hitfilm express but I have the same problem I can't type some character as

Letter : O or I

Please let me know what I can do to get this fixed ...

Tagged:

Answers

• zakmichael
    zakmichael Posts: 11 Just Starting Out*

Edit.

I reinstalled again and now seems they are working

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,401 Power User

Here's what's happening:

Hitfilm has a bunch of keyboard shortcuts.

These shortcuts can change depending on what panel (Effects, Controls, Viewer, Timeline, etc) is "Active."

The last panel you have clicked in with the mouse is the "Active Panel."

It is possible you were trying to use the Text tool when a panel like the Trimmer or Timeline is active.

In the Trimmer and Timeline, the "I" and "O" keys are assigned to shortcuts - In Point and Out Point.

The next time you are trying to use the text tool and certain letters aren't working, or the Space bar is doing something like Start/Stop playback, just move the mouse cursor to the Viewer panel, left-click to make sure the Viewer is active and go back to typing.

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,208 Expert

To follow up on what @Triem23 said, if you look really close, you can see a very faint blue outline at the top of a window panel. The panel with the extremely faint blue outline on the top is the "Active" panel. Make sure that the Viewer Panel is active (see the second picture) before typing.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,401 Power User

@FilmSensei huh. Honestly never noticed that! Wonder if it's new?

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

Same here. Hadn't noticed that before. Good call @FilmSensei !

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,208 Expert

The active panel indicator has always been there, it's just now it's a LOT harder to see!