is this an official Facebook group of Hitfilm

HitFilmer136149
HitFilmer136149 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

if so there are lot of spam with the same ADS video that repeat https://www.facebook.com/groups/426174967509293

Answers

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,632 Ambassador

No this is an old community one, that now days seems to be full off spam.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,255 Expert

I would think any 'official' group would most likely fall under the FXHome or Artlist banner rather than Hitfilm, but that's just a guess.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,401 Power User

It's not an official group, and it looks like since I resigned my Moderator position in it the other Moderators and Admin just gave up.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

Hmm.... didn't even know that FB page existed. Wonder if there's a way to shut it down?

• Triem23

@Stargazer54 I mean I could always ask the Administrator. Or, Tony Cee is, in theory, the other Moderator. Or one of the FXhome Staff that is a member of the group could think to look at it once in a while (which also goes for the Reddit).

• HitFilmer136149
    HitFilmer136149 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

okay I remember some of the staff was in the group that also had tips in the start but not anymore. I will see if there are others that keep fighting the spam

• Triem23

There were three Hitfilm Facebook groups I can think of. I was a Moderator for two. I think two of them are private. All of them went pretty dead in 2022.

You might have better luck with the Discord, which is actually officially run by FXhome.

There's a Reddit server, but, it was set up by a user and, while Staff are members I can't think of any of them participating this year, except one now former dev who still pops in. The Administrator for that Reddit has been missing in action as far as I can tell. Or, at least he spent June, July, August and September ignoring any tags in comments and any DMs sent. Although that Reddit has also become fairly useless this year. If you're looking for tips and tutorials with conversation and feedback this forum right here is your best bet.

And, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I'm the guy that would know. I'm a former Moderator for this forum as well. I may be the only person who reads every single post here. As mentioned I moderated two of the three Facebook groups and used to read every post on two Discord groups (the official and a user one) and every post on the Hitfilm Reddit. Multiple times a day. There is literally no other person who has been as active as me in the Hitfilm Community.

Discord is your second best bet for tips and tricks.

The FXhome Twitter hasn't posted anything since April. The Instagram more or less just reposts the shorts on the FXhome YouTube channel. Can't speak for their Tik-Tok or Twitch channels. I already joined two social media sites simply to participate in the Hitfilm Community, I'm not joining more.

If you're looking for Hitfilm tutorials you need to start with three YouTube channels. FXhome for their official weekly tutorials, Film Sensei for his bi-weekly tutorials and Hitfilm University, where I'm not making new tutorials but where I have compiled Playlists of over 50 other channel's Hitfilm tutorials. Basically, if you want to find Hitfilm tutorials Hitfilm University should be your first stop, cuz from there you can find everyone's.