New HitFilm express & new Free sub version constantly crashing.

Jediknite1101
Jediknite1101 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

80% of the time whenever I playback the main "Editor" timeline, video playback stalls and when play head reaches the end I get a loading spinner till the application crashes. Every response tries pin issues on hardware.

1) Hardware specs SHOULD be easily found somewhere in the chain of pages from the FX Home homepage to the HitFilm download page. If hardware specs are so specific and critical, your users shouldn't have to make 2 to 3 clicks off the download path to find this information. (FYI. I still haven't found an official list of system requirements)

2) My PC is a decent productivity workhorse. I'm able to do a lot of heavy polycount digital sculpting and high-res physically-base path traced 3d renders with 4k and 8k textures. I wondering if there is more of a compatibility issue with AMD hardware.

PC specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x OC: 4.4Ghz
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600 CL 16
  • GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT 32GB
  • Storage: x2 1TB NVMe SDD Gen4 (R:7000 MBps / W: 5000 MBps)
  • HitFilm Versions: 2022.3(19.2.3.0) and 2021.3(18.12407.12817)

I run HitFilm with no other applications running except for basic windows system apps. When it crashes only CPU usage is only at 25% and only 1.4G of RAM total is being used on the system. I'm not a heavy

Comments