Hitfilm is crashing without any reason

NilsHanf
NilsHanf Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi, my name is Nils and I'm using the free version of Hitfilm since round about 3 years now. I've never had any performance issues or bugs in the software. It always ran fluently and the cutting was very enjoyable... until now... since about 1 week my Hitfilm is crashing every 20 seconds. The viewer window with the preview is lagging with like 2 fps, which wasn't the case earlier. I've also tested, if my hardware maybe just causes issues, but it doesn't seem so. My total of 16gb ddr4 ram is at 30% usage, my CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 1700x) is at about 30 to 40% and my GPU (AMD Radeon RX 590 Sapphire Pulse) is at about 30 to 35% usage. I'm running the latest windows 10 Version and the problem occured with downloading the latest Hitfilm version (19.2.3.0). I got into hitfilm so deep and I know my hotkeys and got used to the program so well, that changing software is not really an option rn. I would be very thankful if someone could help me :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,898 Ambassador

Definitely want to make sure your drivers are updated. But there is an issue with newer AMD gpu drivers. Make sure you install or roll back to the "Recommended" version (currently "Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)"). Optional drivers currently have a bug in hardware decoding. FXHome support is working with AMD to sort it out but I haven't head that this is resolved yet.