Stand Up Comedy Routine Edited in HitFilm

FilmSensei
FilmSensei Posts: 3,153 Expert

Here is a stand up comedy routine that I edited in HitFilm. This routine was filmed on location simultaneously in Los Angeles and in Horizon Worlds. I was main camera in Horizon Worlds, and the whole video was created in HitFilm. Enjoy!

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,565 Ambassador

Well I don't think I have every seen anything like this before. Did you film the VR content as well (i.e the virtual camera)

• FilmSensei

@Andy001z The IRL (in real life) footage was filmed with an I-phone just off stage. Me and my camera crew filmed the show in the metaverse. I was on main camera, I had a secondary camera guy getting footage of audience reactions, and I had a third stationary camera on the upper balcony just in case.

To give perspective, the comedian was in Los Angeles, I was in my home office in Virginia, the secondary camera guy was in Baltimore, and the audience was from all over the US, Canada, and Europe.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,889 Ambassador

@FilmSensei That was just weird, Jay. But pretty impressive!

• FilmSensei

@Stargazer54

Understand that behind every single one of those avatars is a real person in a headset participating in a completely immersive fashion. People from all over the world were in the same "place" enjoying that experience. I know that the graphic quality still has a ways to go, but the interpersonal connections are very real. Someday all kinds of people, be them elderly shut-ins, disabled individuals, isolated people, etc... will be able to work together, play together, and enjoy each other's company like never before.