Hue vs saturation [Comments merged]

123film_photo
123film_photo Posts: 11 Just Starting Out*
edited November 7 in HitFilm
Premiere pro's lumetri color effect has a tool called hue vs saturation curve . Do hitfilm has a similar effect or tool like hue vs saturation curve ?
If yes , name it .

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,367 Expert

Hitfilm does not have a Hue/Saturation curve editor like that. It does have a Color Adjustment effect, which will let you target a color range. Hue and luma. For adjustments you can shift the hue, saturation and luma of the targeted color range. The Hitfilm color adjustment effect is not a free effect.

I know Imerge has had a saturation editor/curve effect like that since forever. Though I've never used the effect in a project. I prefer the color adjustment effect. Hitfilm could bring that saturation editor/curve effect across from Imerge to Hitfilm in the future.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,276 Power User

@NormanPCN are you talking about the Pro-tier only Tone Color effect? Cuz I think that is pretty similar to the Lumatri Hue v Sat curve.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,367 Expert

@Triem23 No, not talking about the Tone Coloring effect in Hitfilm. That seems more about adjusting shadow/mid/high tones certain ways. There is a global adjust as well. It does have a spectrum display as a part of the UI, but nothing to adjust the specifics of a selected/localized hue/color range (regardless of tone).

• 123film_photo
    NormanPCN
    Color Adjustment use sliders and its still not accurate like hue and saturation curve , it slso uses sliders . I'm looking for curve plugin.
  • 123film_photo
    Do we have any similar effect or tool like premiere pro's hue vs luma effect ?
    If yes , name the tool or effect!
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,276 Power User
    edited November 7

The user's question has already been answered, correctly, by NormanPCN and myself.

@123film_photo I am a former Moderator and can tell you what the Mods will say - ONE thread per question, please. You are fragmenting your discussion and making it harder for people to correctly answer you, and you may start getting duplicate responses. One of the Mods I've tagged above is probably going to merge your three threads into one.

Now - the closest thing Hitfilm has to Lumatri's Hue Saturation Curve is Hitfilm's Tone Color, which is a Pro-Only effect. Hitfilm has a channel Color Curve, Color Wheels, and several other effects, but doesn't have a Hue Saturation curve outside of the Tone Color effect. Sorry that's not the answer you wanted, but it's the correct answer to the question.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,889 Ambassador
    edited November 7

This discussion has been merged from 3 comments/questions that were essentially about the same subject.

@123film_photo Please limit your questions on a subject to one post and respond to replies there (i.e. here in the case of Hue vs Saturation). If the answers you receive from users on the forum are not satisfactory then I recommend that you contact FXHome at https://fxhome.com/support . Select the product in question and click on "Contact Us" in the lower right.

Please also remember that this is a user forum. Moderators and Ambassadors are not staff but merely users like yourself who volunteer their time to assist. Only staff will be identified as having a "Staff" badge. But their time is limited so best to put in a support ticket if you need help from them.

• 123film_photo
    Ok , I think i got the answer . I'll try both tone coloring and clolor adjustment and see what fits best .
    Thank u 😊