Where did my failed upload go?

7220Gamer
7220Gamer Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
Last night I started an upload before going to bed because I knew it would take all night. In the morning I had an error. It said I had used all of my available storage space. It only had 10% to go. I had somewhere around 60GB free space and after canceling the upload, I never got that space back. Where is my failed upload? I can't find it to delete it.

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

@7220Gamer Upload? or do you mean an Export or Render to your local drive?

First of all, you should know what folder you wrote your file to. But if not, you can use the search feature in Windows by opening File Explorer, select the drive that you think you wrote the file to and then in the Search window in the upper right type in a combination of what you think the filename might be along with Asterisks to do a wildcard search.

For example if you thought you named your file "bob" something you could search for

Hit return and that will find any file with the characters bob in it with any extension. Once the search starts, notice there is also a Search tab now open at the upper left where you can select the Size drop down and refine your search by file size.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,385 Expert

If upload means export... Finished, suspended and error/failed exports remain listed in the export panel. You can see where Hitfilm was writing the render export there. The file listed may even be a link that you can click to open a file folder.