Possible Bugs?

talentedMediocrity
talentedMediocrity Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
edited October 2022 in HitFilm

Hello everybody. I am trying my imagination with hitfilm and started to learn. Its so great to see this free software doing this amazing things and has a great community with the best tutorials.

1.even if I am on the latest hitfilm free version it keeps tell me there is an update.

2.I start a new project: 4k, 30fps, anamorphic 2:1. Import a fullhd clip. Put it on the editor and all my project changes to fullhd, like an autocrop or something. Why?

3.Same clip as in 2. , split it, make some transformations, make the clips in their composite shots (editor+move).The result is: one composite shot it's normal as u would expect, but the other it's blank. There is the clip, but no video.

4.In the composite shot when I add a tracker the clip in the layer view is like the original (no transformations, although the values are there). Is it this normal?

Thank u if u took time to read and I apologize if this is stupid and waisted your time.

OS Name	Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version	10.0.22000 Build 22000
Other OS Description 	Not Available
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Name	MYRYZENPC
System Manufacturer	Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model	AX370-Gaming 3
System Type	x64-based PC
System SKU	Default string
Processor	AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date	American Megatrends International, LLC. F51g, 27/07/2022
BaseBoard Manufacturer	Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product	AX370-Gaming 3-CF
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	16,0 GB
Total Physical Memory	13,9 GB
Available Physical Memory	7,83 GB
Total Virtual Memory	20,4 GB
Available Virtual Memory	8,52 GB
Page File Space	6,50 GB
Virtualization-based security	Not enabled
Device Encryption Support	Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions	Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware	No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection	Yes

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Thank you for posting specs!

The Free version only supports 1080p for output (even though you are allowed to import 4K - you just have to scale it down). Plus your system is on the low end and unless you have a dedicated GPU card installed, it looks like you have an integrated GPU which is probably below minimum. Compare minimum versus recommended specs listed here - https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm

If you can update your GPU drivers there is a bug in the newest AMD drivers. The solution is to fall back to the "Recommended" version (currently "Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)").

Answers

• talentedMediocrity
    talentedMediocrity Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    <3
    Thank u.
    Yes, I update the drivers and seems it is a little more stable.
    Unfortunately yes, my system is on the low end and I will upgrade to something better, but I don't have many problems as resources go, only on the render side it uses like 98% of my gpu, but works.
    The thing with the 4k 2:1: the project is 4k and if I put first a plane and then my fullhd footage it keeps the 4k 2:1,but if I put this footage directly it changes the settings of the project. Seems weird.
    Maybe my low end system is just stupid.. 😂
  • NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,385 Expert

2.I start a new project: 4k, 30fps, anamorphic 2:1. Import a fullhd clip. Put it on the editor and all my project changes to fullhd, like an autocrop or something. Why?

The thing with the 4k 2:1: the project is 4k and if I put first a plane and then my fullhd footage it keeps the 4k 2:1,but if I put this footage directly it changes the settings of the project. Seems weird.

The first time you place media on a the editor timeline Hitfilm will ask if you want the timeline to conform to the media specs. (frame size and frame rate). This dialog has an option for, don't ask me this again. In that situation Hitfilm will always conform the editor timeline to the first media placed without asking first. So at some point in the past you very likely clicked, don't ask me again. You can restore this prompt via the Options dialog.

The reason creating a plane on the timeline first does not change the project is that creating a plane conforms to the timeline. The plane is being created and is created at timeline specs.