CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz  1.50 GHz

GPUs: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with Max-Q Design

Operating system and version: 64 bits, x64

HitFilm version: 10th October 2022 version

Total RAM: 16,0 GB (15,8 GB available)

Model name: HP

Windows 10

I can’t upgrade HitFilm.

I have downloaded the free version on 10th October 2022.

Eventually I wanted to upgrade, so I subscribed to the monthly HitFilm Pro plan yesterday.

Immediately I got two emails from FXHome titled “Welcome!” and “Thanks for subscribing”.

I opened the “Welcome!” email and accessed the “installation page” through it.

Then I tried to download HitFilm for Windows in the page below:

The HitFilm setup wizard window came up, and I followed the steps to install. At the end, I clicked “Finish” and the window disappeared.

So I went and launched HitFilm, but everything remained as if I never upgraded. All the stuff that should be available for Pro users is still blocked. Even though I have paid for HitFilm Pro, I am stuck with the Free HitFilm plan.

It looks like this:

Why is this happening? What can I do to fix this and get Pro?

Note: I did not uninstall anything before trying to upgrade.

Also note: this is super urgent. I wanted to fix this asap so I can meet a work deadline in less than a week.

Answers

• Eva_365
    Eva_365 Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
    Nevermind; problem solved.
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,889 Ambassador

@Eva_365 Glad you got it sorted. Please post your solution so that others can benefit.

• Eva_365
    Eva_365 Posts: 7 Just Starting Out*
    I sent an email asking for help to [email protected] .

Here is the reply I got:

"Hello Eva,

Thank you for contacting FXhome.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. HitFilm is now just one piece of software and you can access the different versions of the product (Free, Creator, and Pro) through the same installer! Therefore if you already have HitFilm installed on your computer you don't need to install it again and the software won't let you.

In the new HitFIlm software, for your plan to take effect, please navigate to File > Options > Activation > Deactivate Program. The software will then restart and require you to log in again. Log in with the email address associated with your subscription plan and once complete, your software will be activated :)

Please contact us if you have any further questions.".

I followed the steps they gave me and sure enough, it worked!