Changing the scale/position of one clip affects all the other clips in the viewer?

gerald_d
gerald_d Posts: 8 Just Starting Out*

Hi

A frustrating problem that I experience intermittently . . . . .

I have still image clips between video clips in a project. Sometimes when I try to change the scale or position of one selected image clip, I find in the viewer that all the other image clips have also changed scale or position. If I export the project, only the one clip is correctly affected. The viewer is not representative of the exported project. As I said, it only happens sometimes and I am battling to figure out what I may be doing wrong.

Help would be appreciated

Thank you

Best Answer

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Make sure your project settings are the correct dimensions you want for your output and that your render preset matches. But my guess is you may not have your viewer set to Scale to Fit? (Get to it with the drop down arrow on the lower right of the viewer panel.)

When you are resizing images it is best (IMHO) not to drag around in the viewer window. Use the Controls panel instead to adjust Scale and Position. If you get messed up right click on Position or Scale to reset.

Answers

• gerald_d

Thanks Stargazer

My project viewer has always been Scale to Fit and the the displayed size is 32% (versus your example of 20% above).

If I select a single photo clip and move/scale it on the Viewer, then my displayed size changes to 60% . . . . . for the whole project.

You say "When you are resizing images it is best (IMHO) not to drag around in the viewer window. Use the Controls panel instead" . Thanks, will try the Control panel method instead. Have to find it first . . . .

All the best

• gerald_d

Found the Controls panel and changing scale/position there does work individually - Great News - Thanks!

However, it is clumsy and there does seem to be a glitch in the program if it cannot be done on the Viewer.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

There are many ways to skin the cat. Instead of the controls panel, you can zoom out in the viewer using the Scroll mouse wheel. Then you'll see a smaller version of the viewer window. Make sure you have the Arrow selected in the upper left and then drag the corners of the blue square (which is your image) to change the scale. To scale proportionally, hold down the Shift key. Use the arrows inside the viewer window to change position.

Note that the Hand icon will change position of both the viewer and the blue image window.

Only problem is you can't see the transform numbers change on the Editor timeline unless you have the Controls panel open. But you can see the Transform controls within the timeline if you are in a Composite shot.