Lock symbol on Effects folders

MarkusHofus
MarkusHofus Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me with an issue. I have recently returned to HitFilm and am noticing that there is a small lock symbol over every folder in the effects panel. I am trying to add a simple wipe transition, but nothing happens when I drag it over the desired clips in the editor.

I have searched everywhere I can think, but I haven't been able to find anything to answer this issue.

Can anyone help? I really need to finish this up. I've attached a screenshot of the issue if it will help.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mark

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

I'm thinking the lock icon means you can't edit the folder?? If you right click on it you get a different set of options than if you right click on say "Fade to Color" (in the image below) - which gives you the option to Clear Recents.

So I don't think the lock icon is really the issue. I have the lock icons, as well, and can drag effects to the timeline. It's possible that you just don't see the effect because the timeline is zoomed out too far. Put the cursor over where you are planning on dropping on the effect and use the Ctl key and Scroll Wheel on your mouse to zoom in.