Hitfilm keeps crashing?

sasanek
sasanek Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*

Literally just this, when I edit with one 720p video it's just fine and dandy, but when I throw one or two more on a time line, it freezes and then crashes. Wtf? All drivers up to date, crashes even with low RAM usage. i3-10100F, RX 5700, 16GB ram, Windows 10 21H2, Hitfilm 2022, but same issue happened with Hitfilm Express 14, Hitfilm installed on a SSD. No overheating issues, no weird things. Anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,967 Ambassador

There may be two things going on here. First double check your specs against the minimum and recommended specs listed here - https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm

Looks like you have a 10th Gen i3? But the minimum is a 6th Gen i5. Probably not really the problem but something to keep in mind.

Best guess is the problem might be your driver for the AMD GPU. There is a bug with the latest driver set. Make sure you install the "Recommended" version (currently "Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)"). The Optional drivers have a bug in hardware decoding. FXHome support is in contact with AMD about fixing it but in the meantime you will need to use the Recommended driver.

• MRemple
    MRemple Posts: 24 Enthusiast

I had this exact same issue and rolling back the AMD drivers solved it for me.