New HitFilm and Imerge updates!

KirstieT
KirstieT Posts: 1,272 Staff

Hello everyone :)

We've released a new update for both HitFilm and Imerge today! We've listened to the great feedback we've had from the community and incorporated as many of those into this minor release as possible so you have them in your hands quickly.

We had two main points of feedback with HitFilm that we wanted to address:

• Some HitFilm Free users were exporting at the prescribed 1080p as intended but they had been using a 4K project, which had still triggered the watermark. This update fixes this, so that the watermark is now applied based on export size, not on project or timeline size. This makes users free to create large projects and downscale them on export, without a watermark.
  • Users were finding it difficult to work with vertical video in HitFilm, so we have added a brand new vertical video workspace, export and project templates.

....but we've also added many more improvements and fixes! You can find HitFilm's full release notes and the link to download the new update here: https://fxhome.com/news/hitfilm-2022-2-full-release-notes

You can also find Imerge's full release notes and the link to download the new update here: https://fxhome.com/news/imerge-2022-2-full-release-notes

Comments

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,367 Expert

How does one download the latest Imerge update.

1. Imerge (perpetual) says there is an update.
    2. I click download in the dialog.
    3. Takes me to the website. I login.
    4. Click the download your latest installer link.
    5. All it does is download the latest Hitfilm.

There is no link in Perpetual Imerge in the plans and products for a download latest installer for Imerge. Just the link at the page top which is only Hitfilm.

• KirstieT

@NormanPCN If you click on 'Download your latest installer here', you should be taken to this page: https://account.fxhome.com/install

You should see both installers for HitFilm and Imerge like this:

Let me know if you can't see this

• NormanPCN
    edited September 30

Thanks for the quick reply. @KirstieT

That web page looks a little different for me. Imerge is not listed.

At this moment, I am in a little peculiar situation. My Imerge has a license from Imerge Pro days which does not expire until December. So it is perpetual. Current Imerge is activated and the plans and products account page does list "Perpetual Imerge". Hitfilm at this moment is still Hitfilm Free in current terms. My 'old' Hitfilm Pro is on 2021.2.

So I have something of a split account right now. Hitfilm is Free and Imerge is perpetual.

• KirstieT
    edited September 30

If you own perpetual Imerge, you should see (ignore the date you see on mine):

And this installer link will take you to the right page.

You are running quite an unusual setup though @NormanPCN so while we are just checking all the eventualities technically, let me know if you need Mac or Windows installers for Imerge and I'll DM you the right one.

• KirstieT

@NormanPCN Please have another look now - you should see the installer under Imerge in your accounts page.

• NormanPCN

@KirstieT The installer link now shows under Imerge Pro on the accounts page. Imerge 2022.2 now installed.

Thanks a bunch.

• RoliKreis
    RoliKreis Posts: 13 Just Starting Out*

Hello KirstieT

Just for your information

I don't have a download link for my subscription on my account page. Only one for the "old" versions of Hitfilm Pro (2021.3)

There is no such a link visible like in the screenshot from NormanPCN

I went to the link which is provided above: https://account.fxhome.com/install

That works for me!

--> But please let the my account page be fixed, so that the download link is visible

Many thanks, Roli

• KirstieT

@RoliKreis Please revisit the Plans and Products part of your account - you should now have that link visible. Sorry for any issues this caused!

• spyresca
    spyresca Posts: 277 Enthusiast

Frankly, underwhelming.

• NormanPCN
    edited October 3

Negative Nancy, with no substance.

What would not be underwhelming? Hitfilm Pro for free for life?

• spyresca
    edited October 3

So what do you find "whelming" about it? No really great new features, no great improvements on existing features... It's just... blah. Unless.

"Wow! Less watermarks and vertical video working! Amazing!"

Your "Hitfilm for life? Negative Nancy!" straw man nonsense is noted and disregarded.

• NormanPCN

@spyresca

So what do you find "whelming" about it? 

I never made any such claims about the quality, for lack of a better word, of the update. I also do not state or imply that a release must be whelming (your word). It only need be necessary in my mind.

Some updates are mostly fixes and/or minor tweaks deemed worthy of a unique release. Some updates in the past have had one and exactly one fix and nothing else.

If you think such releases are not worthy, as seems to be the case, then sobeit. Seems to put a crimp in quick tweaks that may be good for the userbase. Thus delaying them.

Really, the 1080 export thing, as originally implemented, really needed to be fixed/changed. I think It took too long for that tweak to get released. The online reports were frequent and immediate. It seems a pretty trivial thing to tweak.

Your "Hitfilm for life? Negative Nancy!" 

As usual I am not sure who or what you are quoting.

If directed at me directly. Am I Hitfilm for life? I suppose that can be an ad absurdum type of statement/argument. Whatever. Anyway, read this thread. I have not updated my Hitfilm to the subscription model. I don't think that remotely qualifies as Hitfilm for life. Did you read this thread, or did you just see a thread on a new Hitfilm release and instantly type your usual.

As for my use of "Negative Nancy" (NN), I would submit a look at your recent posts, this forum. I don't know, 50, 100, whatever.

Taken from Google. A person who is considered excessively and disagreeably pessimistic.

For me it is just someone always trying to bring things down, always a negative spin.

Excessive pessimism, bring things down, negative spin. I think the post history could be some kind of evidence of this. Subjective of course.

• KirstieT

thanks for both of your feedback @NormanPCN and @spyresca - as this conversation continues, I ask that you both remain civil towards each other even though you are disagreeing, and do not go against community guidelines. Thanks!

• spyresca
    edited October 3

@NormanPCN wrote:

Negative Nancy, with no substance.

What would not be underwhelming? Hitfilm Pro for free for life?

@spyresca wrote:

Your "Hitfilm for life? Negative Nancy!" straw man nonsense is noted and disregarded.

@NormanPCN wrote:

As usual I am not sure who or what you are quoting.

I hope this helps jog your memory.

Not sure why you feel a need for such bile here. All I said was that I found the update "Frankly, underwhelming", which is an honest opinion.

Your suggestion (straw man, really) that I'd want/expect an update to provide "Hit film Pro free for life" is simply untrue (and frankly kind of nasty/unwarranted.)

• spyresca
    edited October 3

Thank you Kirstie.

If you ever feel (in any way) that I'm contravening the forums guidelines, I appreciate any feedback in that regard and am 100% open to editing/removing posts as you advise.

• RoliKreis

@KirstieT : There is still no download link.

When I go to the Plans & Products page, it loads in three steps (each with a few seconds delay):

First:

... then ...

... and then at the end, the it changes from "Pro" to "Pro Annual"

But a Download link is never visible

Now, I know the direct link to https://account.fxhome.com/install, but I had to search it with google / found it here on this forum tread. Needs to be fixed!

• Torcat
    Torcat Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Just as a recommendation, the link in the program should redirect to https://account.fxhome.com/install instead of https://account.fxhome.com/my-account/plans-products, that way will be more user friendly for everyone.

• KirstieT

@RoliKreis Apologies for the delay here - I have been off sick. I am raising your experience with the web team now - thank you!

• HitFilmer150816
    HitFilmer150816 Posts: 35 Enthusiast

The 3d inviromentm in hit film is the best---hands down

• RoliKreis

@KirstieT : OK, now the download link is visible!

• Seraph
    Seraph Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Why and who on Earth decided to make exporting anything above 1080p a paid feature?!

This was, imo, the best free editing software around, with their way of making money being selling "packs".

But now it seems that they're happy taking away features and shoving them not only behind a paywall, but a toxic subscription-based paywall.

I truly hope this idiotic, capitalistic change will be reverted, until then, time to find software that respects the user.

• Andersen01498
    Andersen01498 Posts: 1,195 Enthusiast

If FX home had announced features that people wanted like nested shots and markers when they announced the merge. I think people would be a lot happier...... I moved on to Davinci resolve due to the multiple timelines. My workflow has improved no thanks to FX home. However, for simple things I just use Hitfilm.....my original version before they merged.