Quantum Leap tutorials and fanfilm... The reboot is a good excuse to share

Triem23
Triem23 Posts: 20,188 Power User

In honor of the new Quantum Leap premiering on @nbc, here's a tutorial on the classic "Leap" effect in @FXhome Hitfilm Express/Free. Same tricks work in AE or most NLEs.

Comments

• Triem23

In honor of the new Quantum Leap premiering on @nbc, here's a tutorial on creating the classic (series 2-5) titles in @FXhome's Hitfilm! Same tricks work in AE or most NLEs.

• Triem23

In honor of the new Quantum Leap premiering on NBC, here's a fanfilm organized by @FilmSensei and @solosamuraiwhatchef featuring segments from both of them, myself, apyorick, GeorgeFilmLTD and Dafter Things Hitfilm Community.

https://youtu.be/VCYWON5s71c

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,126 Expert

It's been a long time since I've watched this Quantum Stumble parody fan film. There are some really talented creators in the HitFilm community. Great job everyone!

Premiered May 15, 2021.

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,630 Enthusiast

Oh how I disliked that show... 😉

• Triem23

@GrayMotion really? Might I ask why? I mean as Sci-fi, at least for the first season, it was really just Bellisario hanging a recurring lead and exposition guy onto a concept framework so he could do the anthology show the network wouldn't let him do, but I'd think Quantum Leap would, at worst, engender apathy, not dislike.

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,630 Enthusiast
    edited September 21

@Triem23 Ok....I'll agree with apathy. Dislike is not fair on my part.

I know, I know...sci-fi and of course you should know from just "knowing" me I dig sci-fi a lot but I dunno...actually in late 80's early 90's I must have been distracted by "life" terribly...I was very deep into my work in the emerging optical technology we were working on in the communications field trying to compress data, audio and video onto a piece of glass...... and parallel to that I had a pretty big crush on my Amiga 2000 and teaching myself the in's and outs the Zorro II slot and how to get the tcp/ip stack working with my 1200 baud modems so I could get on this new thing (derived from ARPNET) we were calling "Broadband" ie; The Internet. ðŸĪŠ

I tried watching it but just couldn't get into it.....although the concept of time travel is right down my ally... but jumping from body to body and sorting out other peoples problems for them evidently wasn't my cup of tea at the time. To much Pink Floyd in the early days I guess 🍄🍄