[ENHANCEMENT] More payment options

sock
sock GermanyPosts: 1 Just Starting Out*

I would like to see other payment options than just credit card. Personally, I have never felt the need to own one and I don't exactly fancy the prospect of ordering one just so I can subscribe to your service.

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

What other methods do you use for online payments?

• Vlad_Zanbarbone
    Vlad_Zanbarbone Posts: 73 Enthusiast
  • mabdelbary
    mabdelbary Posts: 162 Enthusiast

I suggest beside enabling more payment options, to have a better price for clients who already have the product and would like to renew. To get FXhome's products updates, clients almost pay the same price again.

Thanks!

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

@mabdelbary The perpetual plans receive a $70 discount (20% off) to renew them.

The Pro subscription plan is almost 22% off if you commit to yearly instead of monthly.

In short, they absolutely do give generous discounts to loyal customers.

• mabdelbary
    mabdelbary Posts: 162 Enthusiast
    edited September 8

@triforcefx I am for the perpetual license and not for the subscription option even if it is cheaper in the short run, eventually, the user must keep paying to get the service which is inconvenient in my perspective.

However, I see some software which have a great pricing policy when users purchase the pro version such as Final Cut Pro or DaVinci Studio, users pay once and get the updates for free for lifetime.

I am not asking for that, but I see that users who already have the perpetual license should pay about 20-30% of the price since they already paid for the major product to have, this 20-30% of the price is for purchasing the updates. It is just my opinion.

It is similar to the idea when user purchases all the addons in HitFilm express, when new addons come up, user can purchase just the new ones since the user already purchased all the previous addons. It is more convenient this way in my opinion because users when they purchase the major part of the product, they can just add a small amount for the created updates without the necessity to buy it again almost with the same price.

Thanks!