Assistance Troubleshooting an Audio Issue for a MP4 Video File After Importing to Hitfilm

GlacialFoxx
GlacialFoxx Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I recently encountered an issue after importing MP4 video to Hitfilm where the audio will play for about 40 seconds to 1 minute then cut out and be silent. I have edited just under a hundred videos so far using this same process, and this is the second time I've experienced this same issue. The audio track visually looks fine but goes silent at the point shown in the attached screenshot.

I have tried rebooting my PC and creating a new project but the issue was replicated. The source video has no audio issues when played on its own. When exporting a test video the export also contained the issue.

The first time this issue occurred, it was with a different source video (Same capture method), and the solution at the time was that I had been initially editing on the older Hitfilm application. Once I moved to the new install I was able to import the video without issues.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 

GPU Driver Version: 516.94

OS & Version: Windows 10 Pro version 21H2

RAM: 32 GB

Model Name: Origin PC

Hitfilm Version: 2022.1 (19.0.2.0)

Origin: OBS display capture of a 3440 x 1440 monitor

Frame rate mode: Constant

Frame rate and dimensions: 60 FPS 3440 x 1440

Codec (From Hitfilm import): AVC / H.264 (8-bit 4:2:0 High Profile @ Level 5.2)

Audio Format: 16-bit Stereo

Sample Rate: 48000 Hz

Codec: AAC

Answers

• GlacialFoxx
    GlacialFoxx Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    I imported the MP4 file that had issues into the old Hitfilm application and the audio works fine.

Fingers crossed I can complete the video here.. but really curious what could be causing this. Could it be due to the space on my C drive? (its been running low lately and I have had to do some clean up) Or the video length/ File size? These two video files have been longer than most that I edit.