HitFilm is Not Playing Video Through Viewer; Also it Crashes Upon Pausing

ThankGodItsFriday
ThankGodItsFriday Posts: 11 Just Starting Out*

Hellooooo everyone! I've been experimenting with several video techniques, creating videos for my own personal enjoyment. I installed HitFilm Express shortly before the new HitFilm, so I have both versions. In regards to the complaints of the new HitFilm, I don't see a reason to have to pay for these extra features, as free in both versions suffice my needs quite well, however I am keeping the discontinued Express version just in case something happens to the new HitFilm.

Well, it seems something HAS, but oddly enough, it's also affecting HitFilm Express. Because I'm using an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G chipset, which is slower than the recommended minimum, HitFilm runs a bit slow on my system, but usually I just wait for the lag to clear up, then I save my work. I also close HitFilm periodically to clear memory and free up processor usage so it can run smoother next time I open it.

Well, not today. I opened a project and then tried to play it back. As I watched, I noticed that the viewer was not playing the video; it was acting as if the video was paused, however I could hear audio. I then attempt to pause the video, or click anywhere within HitFilm to stop it, and the entire interface hangs. Forever. Never clears up unless I force-close the program. This happens with EVERY project I try to load, and even new ones I attempt to create. HitFilm is practically unusable now! :-(

One thing to note: I DID update my AMD graphics drivers recently, and I didn't notice this issue before the update. Could THAT be the problem?

Also: I am running Windows 11 Pro, and have 16 GB of RAM.

Best Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,566 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Try upgrading your graphics drivers through the official website. Windows update and even the AMD update program can sometimes use old drivers instead of newer ones:

Answers