Hitfilm 2022.1 light theme

Quercus
Quercus Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I've just installed Hitfilm 2022.1 and the first thing I want to do is get rid of the tiring and ugly dark theme. How do I get the application to display in a light theme?

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,271 Staff
    edited July 26

Hi @Quercus after we first released light theme, we had vocal and overwhelming feedback from our users that it was disliked, and as such we removed it in the latest update. Sorry to hear that this was your preference!

• Quercus
    Quercus Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    [{"insert":"That's all very well, but I'm partially sighted and dark themes are difficult and unpleasant to use. Had you considered people who cannot use dark themes?\n"}]
  • triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

@Quercus As a matter of fact, one of the main complaints of light mode was that it hurt peoples’ eyes and was difficult and unpleasant to use. So this technically was something they took into account, unfortunately just not in a way that works for you.

I’m guessing you never got a license for one of the older Express versions. If you had, I would recommend you continue to use that. If Light Mode is critical for you, you could potentially create your projects in Express’s demo mode, then bring them into the new version to Export. Note that once you open and save an old project in a new version, you’ll no longer be able to use that project in the old version.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,504 Ambassador

It was explained in another thread that supporting both themes was an overhead that just could not be justified. Sorry but like the rest of us lightys, for us the world seems more dark

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,201 Power User
    edited July 26

@Andy001z @Quercus

There's always the Feature Request forum.

At the moment there are no specific requests to bring back "Light Mode," but there is this request for generally customized UI colors you might want to up vote. (Thread linked at bottom of post)

Quercus, typically we try to keep the feature request forum "clean" with only one thread per request, and merging duplicates, but "Bring back Light Mode," and "Let us have full control over UI color" are different enough where, if you (or Andy) wanted to create that thread that would be cool, too. It you do make a thread please read the sticky at the top of the Feature Request forum and follow the headline syntax.

Otherwise, to repeat what others said, pretty much every request/query thread about Light Mode came down to "I hate light mode," so I can understand why FXhome got rid of it. But, the fact they got rid of light mode after getting thousands of complaints shows they do actually listen to the user base.