Updating "HitFilm Express VFX Artist"

mpturner
mpturner Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

I paid for Hitfilm Express about eight months ago. The software says there is an update, but when I click "Download Now" it just takes me to a pricing plan table on their website. My account page says I have "HitFilm Express VFX Artist" and that's not a thing on the page they're sending me to for the update.

What's a fella to do?

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,566 Moderator

HitFilm Express has been discontinued, but you can get the final version of it here:

https://legacy.fxhome.com/software-install/hitfilm-express

It may ask you to update to the new HitFilm, however your VFX Artist package will NOT carry over. There should be an option to disable the update prompt.

You can continue using Express for as long as you have a computer that is compatible with it!

If you would like to check out the new HitFilm versions, you can install them without uninstalling Express! But as of now, the Free plan is a bit limited if you previously bought addons.

• mpturner
    mpturner Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    Thanks - that's a bit disappointing given I purchased it less than a year ago and now it'll be unsupported.
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,489 Ambassador

HitFilm subscription 2022.1 is a new product, it is not an update to Express. Your Express is still valid but it is end of life.