HELP! The timeline cache could not be initialized. database disk image is malformed

paddy_rogers123
paddy_rogers123 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi can anyone please help me correct this problem I'm having with Hit Film

I turned my Mac on today and keep getting this message The timeline cache could not be initialized. database disk image is malformed

has anyone come across this issue with Mac and does anyone have a solution?

thanks

Answers

• paddy_rogers123
    paddy_rogers123 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    ive tried deleting and reinstalling hitfilm and still getting this message
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,489 Ambassador

This is definitely a job for support, raise a ticket pronto. They are Mon to Friday

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,284 Staff

@paddy_rogers123 I've spoken to the software devs and that sounds to them like the actual timeline cache database (the .db file) has been corrupted somehow. You will probably need to delete it in order to resolve the issue.

It would be helpful if you could send it to us via support before deleting it so we can take a look at what has gone wrong, and making sure it doesn't happen for other users. You can do so here:

For HitFilm on Mac the default location of the file you will need to delete is '/Users/<User Name>/Library/Caches/FXhome/HitFilm/Timeline/cache.db'. You should also delete the folder that contains the timeline cache files. The default location of this is '/Users/<UserName>/Library/Caches/FXhome/HitFilm/Timeline/Files'.

Replace 'HitFilm' with 'HitFilm Pro' or 'HitFilm Express' in the file paths above if necessary.

Hope this helps!