MidyXalpha Posts: 4 Just Starting Out

My pc specs:

Cpu: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Ram: 8.00gb ddr3

Gpu: Nvidia GT 710 2gb

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,201 Power User

I'm afraid you are well under minimum specs for Hitfilm, which I will post here.

Processor6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 (2015), AMD Ryzen 5 (2017), Apple Silicon (2020)*

* Supported through Rosetta 24th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors or AMD equivalentRAM8 GB (16 GB recommended)4 GB (8 GB or more recommended)Graphics card

Minimum

RecommendedMust have active support from driver vendor

2 GB of video memory (4GB or more and NVIDIA, AMD or Apple Silicon required for 8K UHD)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series (2016)

AMD Radeon RX 400 series (2016)

Intel HD Graphics 620 (2016)

Apple Silicon (2020)

8 GB of dedicated video memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 20 series (2018)

AMD Radeon RX 5000 series (2019)

Supported through Rosetta 2

• MidyXalpha
    So, any alternatives then? Well, I personally really liked the new hitfilm, it suited me
  • triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

@MidyXalpha You can always attempt to run HitFilm on your machine, but because of the age of your hardware, there is a good chance you’ll have issues, and there will be nothing we can do to try to help those issues.

If you previously acquired a license to any old versions of the software, you could use that instead, but licenses for older versions are no longer being issued.

If you don’t have an old license, and the new version doesn’t work for you, you’ll have to get a new computer to run HitFilm. If you would like help with that, we can help you find a HitFilm-running computer for almost any budget.

If you’re just barely dipping your toes into editing and not ready to jump the gun on a new PC, you could try the open source Shotcut or Kdenlive.

• MidyXalpha
    Yes please help me find a HitFilm-running computer with the budget around 500$
  • triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

@MidyXalpha Couple questions,

Are you looking for a laptop, or are you open to a desktop? Laptops offer portability, but desktops will usually offer more performance for the money.

Do you have any requirements or desired features other than being able to run HitFilm?

Is $500 your all-in budget including taxes? Or can you push it a bit for the right system?

• MidyXalpha
    I will go for a desktop and the highest I can go is 600$
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,504 Ambassador

Well good news is that 600$ should buy u way more than it did even a month back.