Composite shot

HitFilmer289932
HitFilmer289932 Posts: 83 Enthusiast

How do i open a new project directly into a composite shot without going first to the Editor? When I click on New, it goes right to the editor. There's no option to go to composite shot.

Best Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,688 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Building off what @GrayMotion writes, I have a folder on my desktop with my self-made "template" projects. My simplest is a Comp Shot with a black plane and white plane in the Media Bin at a given resolution and frame rate. I open Hitfilm by double-clicking the project file. It opens Hitfilm directly into this project, comp ready to go. One of my more complex templates is set up for 3D model work and has a Comp with some 3-point lighting, a camera rig and a second (embedded) Comp with some HDRI images so I can quickly assign a test environment map to my model.

Taking a few minutes to set something similar up for yourself will save you time later.

• HitFilmer289932
    HitFilmer289932 Posts: 83 Enthusiast
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

Answers

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,628 Enthusiast
    edited July 17

Simple answer here...When you create new project there is no composite shot created yet...thus there is nothing to load.

Once you create a composite shot it's added to the timeline. From there you can load different workspaces i.e.; compositing, colorist, audio, etc etc. You can also make your own custom workspace. Take a look at the top menu Window/Workspaces. Notice I have detached the Effects panel and put it on the right and then saved a custom workspace that I can load on a click from the menu. The workspace layout is saved if I save the project and then the next time I load the file it's already setup the way I like it.

Make sense?

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,628 Enthusiast

@Triem23 My thoughts exactly. Just never came out of my brain when I was typing 😉