New "account" page not showing accurate "paid ahead" data from "before Artlist"

JBaymore
JBaymore Posts: 384 Enthusiast
edited July 8 in General

@KirstieT

I finally went and looked at the new "account" page today. I'm not ready to install the new Artlist version of Hitfilm Pro just yet .... but I wanted to check things out on the accounting front.

On there now, nothing shows the correct dates in the various "purchases" history.

I was paid ahead to April "something" 2023, as I remember. All of that old info that used to be there is now missing. Everything (all 8 listings) showed that it was purchased as today's date.

So........ what's up, and how do I fix that?

best,

.................................john

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,614 Moderator

@JBaymore since this is account related, you’ll probably have to go through support where I’m sure they’ll get you all sorted out!

Try to have your receipts ready if you still have them!

https://fxhome.com/support

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,188 Power User

All I can say is that that's odd - my license shows the correct date, but, yeah, contact Support.

• JBaymore

Watching discussion stuff on here (various aspects of stuff since Artlist seeming a bit "lax") I was kinda' worried about this possibility. Which is why I checked. Yeah, I'll put in a support ticket. But I've been waiting for a LONG time for an answer to my last support ticket.

best,

............................john

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,492 Ambassador

Q: Did it show your history of licences?

Q: Are you 100% certain that you used the same email address as you had previously, I am assume so, else you would have mentioned how it was odd that you had to create a new password.

Hopefully they can sort this out quickly for you.

• JBaymore
    edited July 9

@KirstieT @Andy001z @Triem23 @triforcefx

On the "Billings" page, the dates for everything are apparently showing the current day's date when you access the page. Yesterday they all showed yesterday's date. Today, they all show today's date. I assume tomorrow they will show tomorrow's date. So this is pretty strange and likely a programming glitch. And it makes it very hard to keep track of when I am paid up for updates thru.

As I've said elsewhere, I was staying paid up well in advance as "support" for FX Home's efforts.

Here's an example of that "Billings" screen I see:

On the "Plans and Products" page, the dates of ONLY the ORIGINAL registration dates (I'm assuming here they are actually correct) are shown for the individual products I have bought (like expansion packs for Hitfilm Express before I bought PRO). It does not show any kind of "paid updates thru" kind of information there.

So if I put the info on the two screens together and do a tad of thinking,.......... I can figure out that I bought X extensions to the Pro License up until now after the original purchase, and I bought the original license for Pro back in XXXX (I assume close to or on the activation date), so that means that I am extended updates until XXXX.

It seems to me that this is a poor way to attempt to keep track of this for the customer (OR for the company). At the least, it doesn't inspire "confidence". The old screens showed very clearly how far "ahead' one was "paid up" for program updates. All one of the web design people have to do is decide to make one change on ONE of the website screens that seems simple and straightforward when looked at separately, and this spread out data potentially gets deleted in such a way as to be lost.

Extrapolating from that available information on the two pages I can figure out that I have updates until April 10, 2023.

best,

....................................john

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,614 Moderator

@JBaymore this was a huge website update, with major changes for both the front and back end. I’m highly confident the issues will be rectified and that they’ll try to take as many suggestions for improvement as possible. No need to worry!

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,261 Staff

@JBaymore you definitely shouldn't have been waiting a while for an answer to your last support ticket, as I know that our tickets are cleared in less than 48 hours typically. Have you checked your junk or spam folder (sometimes we get flagged) for the response? In the meantime, I will double check with support to see whether we can locate your ticket.

• Beth
    Beth Staff NorwichPosts: 9 Staff

@JBaymore I have responded to your ticket about your billing dates :) I can see that one of my customer support colleagues responded to your last support ticket, please check your junk or spam folder like @KirstieT suggested.

• JBaymore
    edited July 11

@Beth @KirstieT

I got the initial "we're looking at it" email response from Beth. Thank you. FYI...as expected... it now shows today's date on everything on the billing history page.

Could you please tell me WHERE the support ticket stuff documentation is now? All I can find for "Support" now is a large FAQ page and a sort of "casual" email-us kind of thing. I cannot find a page that has that structured documentation of those tickets and the back-and-forth conversations/file exchange and such anymore.

Also another glitch I'm having: If I click "stay logged in" on the sign in page for my account.......... I don't stay signed in. Have to manually enter email address and password every time. I'm using Microsoft Edge.

best,........................john

• Beth
    Beth Staff NorwichPosts: 9 Staff

@JBaymore I'm glad to hear my initial response came through okay! Unfortunately there is no structured documentation for support tickets anymore, it only comes through email now as we moved to a newer ticketing system. Have you checked your emails?

Thank you for letting me know about the logging in glitch, I will make sure I pass that over to the relevant team!

• JBaymore

Just checked today.... the dates on my account are still wrong.