HitFilm is still in demo mode? (answered)

WhiteCranePhotoWhiteCranePhoto Website User Posts: 909 Enthusiast
edited November 2014 in HitFilm

Even after activating, HF3 is telling me that my export options are limited in demo mode... and according to both HF3 and my account info online, it's activated on my crapintosh, yet I can't export any format that doesn't look like garbage. (It's UHD, and it like a crappy youtube video rendered at 10% quality.)

Comments

• WhiteCranePhotoWhiteCranePhoto Website User Posts: 909 Enthusiast

On my mac, I just deactivated HF3, restarted, activated it, and restarted it yet again. Go back to export, and it starts complaining about being in demo mode and so I can only export to youtube.

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff Website User Posts: 161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

@WhiteCranePhotoWe have created a support ticket for you so we can discuss this privately as we are going to need you to provide some futher details about your specific setup. You should recieve an email shortly with next steps and questions we will need you to answer.

For anyone else that has a problem please report this issue using our support system here: http://hitfilm.com/questions/submit

I got the e-mail. As soon as the current render finishes I'll follow the instructions you sent. I've discovered that just having Chrome running on the same machine even with just one or two tabs open seriously hoses Resolve's render times, but I forgot to kill Chrome before I started the render last night... so it's still going. Sigh.

I think I figured out why HitFIlm refused to get out of demo mode even after I activated it on my mac... my mac is having a lot of trouble connecting to the outside world, even using the same network that my Surface3 and PS3 are using. I had to download the update on my Surface and then copy it over, since I couldn't download it directly with my mac.

So, apparently it's the mac. Again.

• quinnie2267quinnie2267 Website User Posts: 2

Hey, so I have Hitfilm 4 express on my laptop and it's telling me i'm in demo mode and can only upload a max of 30 second video to YouTube. How do I change that so I can upload a full video. It's pretty bad for someone that got this for editing. I'm starting to doubt the program.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,444 Enthusiast

You did everything in this video?

I could be wrong, but I'm starting to doubt that you did. ;)

• weeixweeix Website User Posts: 1

In my case, simply restarting the program fixed the issue.

• kingostrich420kingostrich420 Website User Posts: 1

why cant i export a video to youtube in the demo

• CleverTaglineCleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,061 Ambassador

@kingostrich420 Direct export to YouTube was removed from HitFilm starting with the 2017 versions.

• Chisom56Chisom56 Website User Posts: 1

@rikkiloades I am having the same problem with hitfilm. I can't export my finished project. It says I am in demo mode. What do I do please? I have signed up and in my account where the serial code is supposed to be, it says I haven't registered any software. How do i go about registering my software please and exporting my project. Urgent!!!!

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff Website User Posts: 161 Moderator

Hey @Chisom. If there is no license in your account then you havent completed the license claim process. When you go to https://fxhome.com/express and share on twitter, then signup or sign in it will send you an email. You have to click a link in the email to verify your account. We do this to stop other people signing up with your email.

Once you have the license registered to your account you need to launch the software and complete the activation steps that come up on screen in the white dialog. You just login with the same account details (no serial needed) and it should find and activate everything for you.

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.