Cartoonish story of evolution

pbattersby
pbattersby Posts: 53 Enthusiast
edited July 5 in Show off

My first attempt at creating a (half serious at best) documentary, complete with sound effects, animation, narration and original background music. All animation was done with Hitfilm Express.

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,489 Ambassador
    edited July 5

Wow, not sure how long it took you but (thunderous applause my friend). Had me watch from start to end, humour was just right and although the animation was simple it had me entertained. Music was spot on.

@KirstieT one for the team to view.

PS: Is that your voice or an AI voice, very professional.

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,284 Staff

"Are humans too successful?"

"Will humans leave the earth? Probably for the best."

"Good luck with the next planet" .... BURN

I really love the balance between educational info and the humorous animations. The fish made me laugh, and the introduction of the humans. I'm so curious about the original music - it's great! And the truth bomb at the end really elevates it too. I'll definitely share it with the team - thanks for posting, and best of luck with the next animation!! 😁

• pbattersby
    edited July 6

Wow, not sure how long it took you but (thunderous applause my friend)

Thanks! Even a basic animation video like this can take a while. There are many steps. Even just finding and editing the images takes a while.

PS: Is that your voice or an AI voice, very professional.

No reason you should know this but I'm a Canadian man, rather than a British woman so no, it's not my voice. 🙂

It is an AI voice. I was surprised at how good an AI voice could be even though there are still some tell tale signs. I suspect soon there will be no way to tell the difference.

• pbattersby

I really love the balance between educational info and the humorous animations.

Thanks! I had an idea for a story and then went with whatever silly ideas amused me for telling that story.

I'm so curious about the original music - it's great!

Thanks. I started making videos just so I could put my music on YouTube and give people something to watch while listening. In this case though I had to compose music, in various styles, for a finished video, to lend support to each scene. That provided an extra set of challenges for me.

I'll definitely share it with the team

Thanks. I appreciate that. I also, of course, appreciate the team that works on HitFilm so that I have such a useful tool for making videos.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,489 Ambassador

I thought it was AI, wow that's so good. Scary good.