Watermark Issue, Not sure what the problem is.

Itzbouncy
Itzbouncy Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Hi,

As far as im aware, Hitfilm is free to use without watermark if the video is 1080p max, activated licence and not using any effects with the words 'upgrade' next to it. However I was editing a quick clip together for Tiktok. However the export comes up with a watermark. I am using 0 effects, just footage and text I own/made out of Hitfilm, Tried exporting at 720p as well, same thing, and my licence is activated under my email address.

I just dont know what the issue could be. Any help?

Tagged:

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,615 Moderator

Does a watermark appear at the bottom right of the viewer during editing? Or just when you export?

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,261 Staff

@Itzbouncy @messitoad Getting the support team to jump in here and ask some questions - sorry for the inconvenience and we'll get this sorted for you asap. If they need to ask more complicated or confidential questions they might ask you to send in a support ticket.

• Itzbouncy
    Itzbouncy Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
    I have find the issue, at least with my own, It could also be the same issue @messitoad is having. TikTok has an aspect ratio of 1080 by 1920 Pixels for best quality Tiktoks. However this falls under 'upgrade' as the quality is over 1080p. Even if you render in less. Don't know if that is meant to happen. But I would have thought TikTok videos should be less quality than a YouTube video.
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,261 Staff
    edited July 4

@Itzbouncy thanks for the update - we'll test this internally, take this up with our R&D team and get back to you on this point

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,615 Moderator
    edited July 5

@KirstieT I think the most effective solution might be to multiply the horizontal pixels by the vertical pixels. For 1080p HD, in either direction, you should have 2073600 pixels, so if your resolution exceeds that number of pixels, Free should trigger the watermark. (Right now I think it’s only counting vertical resolution, which will exceed the usual 1080 pixels in vertical video)

Additionally, I believe the 1080p limitation should only apply to the Export process, not the Project Settings or imported footage (I haven’t tested 4K footage, so idk if that is a factor), though project settings should note that you’ll only be able to Export 1080p even if you have a 4K timeline.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,298 Expert

+1 to the @triforcefx idea. <= X frame size pixel count for a version limiter.