Viewer window problems when using FX

KazSteijvers
KazSteijvers Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hello all,

I’ve recently installed the free licensed Hitfilm express 2022.1

All seems to work fine, except when adding in effects. As soon as I add in an effect the viewer window display's the background, in correspondence with what the background color or checkerboard is set to. This happens in pause and playback mode, in regular shot mode and in composite shot. with every type of effect, although some effects seem glitch more then others.

When in playback the viewer window mostly keeps displaying the background with occasionally glitching in and out of the correct image, with the effect applied.

What really baffles my mind is that when I check the checkbox for the effect on and off, I don’t get a consistent reaction. Mostly the background pops up, sometimes the image with the effect applied and sometimes the image with the effect applied to one quarter of the image. Glitching between different parameters of the effect and with the other three quarters of the field displaying the background or the image with and without applying the effect.

Playback and paused quality are set to full. When rendering the video everything comes out as normal. But it's impossible to work with since you can’t see the end result when editing.  

I’m using the following hardware:

Dell Latitude, windows 10

Intel i7-6600U @ 2.60GHz  2.81 GHz

Intel HD graphics 520

16GB RAM

Operating system and drivers are updated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,504 Ambassador

Hmm well your system is barely min spec. You might struggle, that is basically the spec of my older laptop and it struggles with Hitfilm. Your GPU is integrated and not really that beefy.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,623 Moderator

Hate to say it, but you’re actually below minimum spec for HitFilm. HitFilm requires an Intel HD 620 or above. Your HD 520 is unfortunately a generation too old.

In the past, the minimum requirement for Intel integrated graphics has always been a bit of a “hard limit” and it looks like that will continue to be the case. Unfortunately, once Intel (or other GPU manufacturers) stop releasing feature updates for their GPUs, they break compatibility pretty quickly in a program like HitFilm that DEPENDS on having a current GPU driver.

Now I actually happen to have an Intel HD 520 on my computer, in addition to an NVIDIA card that is (barely lol) within spec. I’ll shut off my NVIDIA card and play around with HitFilm on my 520 and see if I can replicate your issues. If I somehow get it working properly, I’ll let you know if there’s anything specific I did.