Our new release!

KirstieT
KirstieT Posts: 1,262 Staff
edited June 27 in General

Hey everyone,

We know that our community has been waiting with baited breath for a new update for a few months now. We've been working harder than ever before behind the scenes with the Artlist team to make sure that we were bringing something of huge value to you all - and we can now say that it has finally launched! Take a look at our video below for all the goodies:

Comments

• Andersen01498
    Andersen01498 Posts: 1,190 Enthusiast

@KirstieT Do I need to copy and paste my pricing questions from a,previous thread I made?

• FlyingBanana78
    FlyingBanana78 Posts: 503 Enthusiast

Glad to see the the perpetual license. That is a big relief.

• KirstieT
    edited June 21

Here are some questions from another thread which might be helpful to other users wondering the same thing 😁

thanks @Andersen01498  for the questions! Please see our answers below:

1. Yes, the perpetual pricing is still a thing. However, does our perpetual version still include Boris Foundry Tracking and exports to 8k?

The perpetual products and pricing are remaining the same as they have always been (albeit with some new additions, fixes and small feature changes you'll see in your update changelog today). So you will still have Boris and exports to 8K.

1. I don't use Imerge pro, I use other products so I am not sure if the Pro plan is good for me since I am buying something that I won't ever use. Is there a way to lower the price if you don't use certain software that is bundled with it?

I'm afraid not, this is the lowest price we could possibly offer already, and so we couldn't take any money off if you weren't able to use the image product.

1. How many updates are we still looking at for a year? If I go with the Perpetual model are the updates going to be the same or limited? (Hope that makes sense)

I'm afraid we've never been able to say how many updates we're going to release in a year, and similarly can't in this instance, either for subscription or perpetual, as we work to just the next update only when it comes to prioritising development and new innovations. Sorry about this!

1. If I go to a subscription model will I lose everything if I stop paying? Would there be a way to convert to Perpetual again?

The subscription model works in the traditional way - so if you stop paying, the subscription would cancel (or pause, pretty much the same thing). You could always buy perpetual again, or upgrade if you were eligible (as you wouldn't have lost your old perpetual license.

1. Vice versa for #4 if I pay for perpetual and decide to go to the subscription model?

Your perpetual license is yours for always. So if you stop paying and now get subscription, you will keep your perpetual license which will run out after the standard 12 months of updates, and that will always be yours.

1. Is this limited-time offer only good for one year or will the pricing stay the same? I just don't want the price to be jacked up to the normal price I do get the model at a limited time offer deal type of thing.

I'm afraid the special launch offer is not going to last forever, it's a time-limited offer :)

• KirstieT

@FlyingBanana78 We know that some of our users love the perpetual license, so we wanted to keep everyone's options open!

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,198 Expert

@KirstieT One question I had from this, and the previous Zoom minutes, is there a path to obtaining a perpetual license after a period of x months/1-2 years of the Pro plan or other plan?

• KirstieT

@tddavis I'm afraid not. It is not possible to merge the two pricing structures - they need to remain separate just from a technical perspective. So if you subscribe to HitFilm for say, 4 months, then decide you want the perpetual license (and you hadn't owned it before), you would need to cancel your subscription and buy the perpetual license at full price. Those eligible for an upgrade price because they had a previous perpetual version could still access that lower price though. Hope that makes sense!

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,198 Expert

@KirstieT Thanks, it does, and I thought there was a some kind of issue like that mentioned but wanted to be certain.👍️

• Benji3D
    Benji3D Posts: 75 Enthusiast

Hey y'all

Couple Quesitions:

1) for us users that have purchased addons in the past (or the pay what you want type of stuff) how will that all work?

2) I'm pretty nervous to relaunch up hitfilm as I'm scared to see what features I will loose. can someone give me some pointers as to what those may be?

3) will old presets still work?

(I've been an Express user for many a year and have purchased the highest tier on pay what you want by the way)

Very excited for whats to come! Thank you =)

• leesang
    leesang Posts: 47 Just Starting Out*

라이센스 변경 말고 비디오에서 보여주는 것은 아무것도 없다.

비디오에서 보여주는것이 전부라면 업그레이드할 가치가 없다.

변경된 것 아무것도 없다, 가격말고...

긴 시간동안 무엇을 했는지 나는 모른겠다.

잠시 떠나야 겠다.

*보여주어야 하는 것은 기술이다.

프로그램이 어떻게 발전했는지.....

• Andersen01498

Translation via Google translate...

There is nothing shown in the video other than changing the license.

If that's all the video shows, it's not worth the upgrade.

Nothing has changed, except for the price...

I don't know what I've been doing for a long time.

I have to leave for a while.

* What you need to show is skill.

how the program has evolved

• ndpproductions
    ndpproductions Posts: 42 Enthusiast
    edited June 21

@Benji3D From what I understand from what I've seen and read, the older version (Hitfilm Express) is separate from the new FREE subscription plan (Hitfilm Free) so opening your OG Hitfilm Express won't change anything and won't force you to update.

I don't think Hitfilm Express is still available - but it looks like you can still download older software that you had a licence for (including add-ons) which means if you tried the new version and didn't get on with it you should be able to go back. You can do this by going to your account on the FXhome website then 'Plans and Products' and then there's a list of your software. In order to activate it you have to sign in with your account on the software.

I hope this helps!

• Andersen01498

If people go to the Perpetual route. Is Artliist going to be bundled with that at all or what's the story on that? I personally don't use artlist. I go with audiio since it's a one time price type of thing.

• spyresca
    spyresca Posts: 264 Enthusiast
    edited June 21

Being forced to buy/pay for imerge (and the unwanted artlist content, now integrated into HF) just to subscribe to or buy a perpetual license of "pro" is garbage.

Never a fan of Imerge and even less so of the notion I'd have to buy it/completely unwanted artlist content (or have a higher sub price) just to use "pro" features.

Artlist/FXhome really needed to show us something impressive after a year, just to keep up with their competition.

This wasn't it.

• KirstieT
    edited June 21

@leesang (thanks @Andersen01498 for the translation) the video shows that the biggest change is the pricing model, but there are certainly other amazing things that we have added, including a Creative Library which allows you to access Artlist content from inside the software, a new interface, and a new Learn Panel to assist users with learning the software. Sorry you feel that you have to leave, but the program has evolved more in this latest update than it has for years, especially when it comes to making it accessible and easier to learn.

@Benji3D Don't worry about launching HitFilm Express - here are the answers to this question:

1) for us users that have purchased addons in the past (or the pay what you want type of stuff) how will that all work?

While we no longer sell add-ons, your existing version of HitFilm Express will not be affected - you can still access your add-ons via HitFilm Express but these will not transfer to the new Free subscription plan. Unfortunately it is not technically possible for us to do so.

2) I'm pretty nervous to relaunch up hitfilm as I'm scared to see what features I will loose. can someone give me some pointers as to what those may be?

3) will old presets still work?

This should answer both questions above ^^. Your version of HitFilm Express will not lose any features, other than some minor fixes which you can view in the changelog before you update if you'd like. You can always rollback if needed.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,616 Moderator

Just so everyone knows, if you install the new version, it will NOT overwrite a previous install of Pro or Express (I currently have all 3 on my computer right now), so you can test the new version worry-free!

@KirstieT I am having trouble finding the full changelog. Do you know where I can find it?

• Andersen01498

Currently I have mixed emotions. I am seeing many sides that I do agree with personally. Is there any plan in the future for having just a video creator plan? So the people that don't use Imerge don't have to worry about paying for a software that they are never going to use?

I do have to say that the subscription model is cheaper than the competition however I wish there was a little bit more flexibility and the current subscription model if people went that route

• Andersen01498

@spyresca my response to your response in the other forum thread. Please just keep this convo here has @KirstieT requested thanks!

I do have to say it is an interesting thing how the Creator plan doesn't even include mocha hifilm or foundary tracking which is a little bit odd. If you subscribe to Adobe products they even have the lite version of mocha bundled. At that rate you would be using Express version. I would definitely have to say that this release was artlist heavy which was 100 % expected.

To conclude my thoughts I am not going to pay for anything until I see more.

• jtjutsvfx
    jtjutsvfx Posts: 122 Enthusiast
    edited June 21

I am really excited to be able to get access to all of the HitFilm pro features at a very affordable price. Also have a dedicated photo editor included is a huge plus for me! I love you FXhome, keep up the good work!

• Andersen01498

The price is still very affordable! So kuddos to them on that part

• KirstieT

@triforcefx Bear with, I've seen your comment and am trying to set live the page which contains the information you seek :)

• willow
    willow Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*

@KirstieT

"1) for us users that have purchased addons in the past (or the pay what you want type of stuff) how will that all work?

While we no longer sell add-ons, your existing version of HitFilm Express will not be affected - you can still access your add-ons via HitFilm Express but these will not transfer to the new Free subscription plan. Unfortunately it is not technically possible for us to do so."

So from what you are saying, and correct me if I'm wrong.. Those who purchased the add-ons for the Express products, will lose their purchased add-ons, if they don't keep a copy of the Express installer lying around (since FXHome has taken it away and switched to subscription model). And if we switch to the subscription model for Express, we lose all our add-ons, cause its not technically possible?

• spyresca

"Oh, and by the way, we completely discontinued Ignite Pro".

• spyresca
    edited June 21

Except, Imerge is kind of... not great.

And you'll be forced to pay more for any "pro" version (sub or not) to integrate that and a bunch of unwanted artlist content.

• KirstieT

@willow Those who love to use HitFilm Express and who bought add-ons, will always have access to those within the Express license. However, the Free plan under subscription is a re-imagining of this free product and so we would not be able to transfer the add-ons across to this new product.

If you have Express with add-ons, you own an already-powerful piece of software which you are free to use forever. Hope that helps!

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,616 Moderator

@Andersen01498 Keep in mind that even at a full price annual subscription, you're only paying $150 for HF Pro, Imerge Pro, AND a bunch of stock assets... Under the perpetual plan, JUST Imerge costs $200. HF Pro is $350. (This was the pricing even before the change) Stock assets can cost $100s or even $1000s individually. You can get 2 years worth of a Pro subscription for $50 less than than a single year with the perpetual license that ONLY includes HitFilm Pro.

To put it another way, most things in life do not come "à la carte". If you previously bought HF Pro, but never once used the particle simulator (or insert other thing here), would you complain about having to pay extra for that feature? I'm guessing there have been a lot of things in your life that have "extra features" that you've never used (or thought you'd never use). Just something to think about.

-

At this point, the subscriptions reduce the costs so much that IMO, the only reason to purchase a perpetual license is if you only intend to update every 3 years or less (and remember- perpetual is the same pricing as before!)

• spyresca
    edited June 21

100% not interested in buying (or subscribing to) Imerge or Artlist assets. But any "pro" plan forces that.

And yeah, no more Ignite Pro as a separate product.

As expected, the mods and community folks will try to spin this sows ear into a silk purse, but yeah, not seeing that.

• Andersen01498
    edited June 21

Wouldn't a year subscription be the same type of deal of deal like before if we just renewed the perpetual(1 year of free updates) previously)

I'm just trying to figure out what would be cheaper in the long run?

• Andersen01498

Dude why are you so negative 🙄... eventually we will see what they have in store. Just be patient for a little bit longer

• spyresca
    edited June 21

Just being honest. "Dude".

Please note that I also don't go by "Pollyanna".

I see little to no major improvement in functionality/features except for some minor tweaks and useless "integrations" with product (Imerge and Artlist stuff) I don't want, much less want to pay for.

And those who like Ignite Pro and would have liked to have seen some updates? I hope you're good with using that old version, as it's now discontinued.

• jtjutsvfx
    jtjutsvfx Posts: 122 Enthusiast
    edited June 30

@spyresca, you have done nothing but complain on this thread! And also, I happen to really like Imerge . You don’t have to like it and you don’t have to use it, but whether or not the software is good is dependent on the person using it so don’t make brash statements that cannot be backed up by any factual evidence. I am sorry for your disappointment of feeling like you are paying for software you don’t want but there is no need to continue to repeat your original statement!