HitFilm Is Unable to Start Unless Internal AND Dedicated GPU Are Enabled

YukaiKitgrappler
YukaiKitgrappler Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
edited June 16 in HitFilm

Hello FXHome Community,

I have HitFilm Express and HitFilm Pro installed on my computer. After performing some experimentation, I have discovered that neither versions are okay with a setup in which an external GPU controls a laptop display normally controlled by its own graphics card. Here are my specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i7
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 570
  • Model: Lenovo Yoga 730

I have an internal Intel UHD 620 graphics card in my laptop, which I keep disabled because it causes system issues. When I have this Intel card enabled, HitFilm runs normally. However, HitFilm produces these error messages when I disable it and attempt to rely solely on my AMD GPU:

"Your computer does not appear to meet the minimum requirements to run HitFilm Express."
"HitFilm Pro encountered a problem and has to exit."

I have updated my AMD graphics card drivers to the latest version (June 13) and attempted to launch HitFilm again, but I have encountered the same issue. It seems that if my laptop screen is turned off, HitFilm is able to run fine using the AMD graphics processor.

Another interesting point is that I don't recall this being an issue at all until recently. I'm not even sure what changed that made this setup not okay.

I can also "trick" HitFilm into starting by enabling my Intel GPU just for startup, and then disabling it quickly as soon as the loading screen finishes. HitFilm runs perfectly and with no issues when I do this, but it's a clumsy and unconventional workaround.

Answers