Hitfilm express NOT responding!

fxhomer173436
fxhomer173436 Posts: 41 Just Starting Out*

Hi ok, you all would know who I am based on the amount of times I have asked for help.

This time, I was gonna edit a "Kinetic Typography" lyric video but I thought "I think there is a way to expand the size of the audio to show the waveforms a little easier on the timeline in the composite shot" But I couldn't remember how, so I started to look around in the settings and such to try find out if I can or not, then I came across the "Other screen" option. I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but ever since I "Changed screens" Hitfilm express has not been working at all. I can't create a new project, cause everytime I do that, it crashes and comes up with "Hitfilm express is not responding" then I have no choice but to close the program down then re-open it to find out it does the exact same thing ALL THE TIME.

I tried to re-Install it, then that didn't do anything, so then I restarted my pc and still nothing has changed. Maybe the files are corrupted somehow? Before you say anything, Yes I know, I shouldnt have done that in the first place. Oh, Also I did try looking it up on how to fix that specific Issue but found nothing.

My pc specs are:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor        3.80 GHz

RAM: 32GB

Windows 10

I think thats all the specs needed...

So I can't edit a single video until this issue gets fixed. What else can I do? I have no idea if I am to delete a certain file or not, and if so, which file etc?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Comments