Why don't my exports look like my timeline when I export them?

Bard1989
Bard1989 Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*
edited May 14 in HitFilm

Ove the past month I have had some really weird issues pop up in my exports that are NOT in my timeline while editing.

About a month ago, I had an issues with an export that was seemingly inserting black frames before a clip. Nothing I did fixed the issue and ultimately just had to take the shot out.

Now the transitions don't seem to be working as intended. In the timeline the cross dissolve works like it should, when I export it to a file for some reason the cross dissolve will pop the last from of the clip back up to 100% and add black frames.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just that janky?

EDIT:

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics      3.80 GHz

GPU- AMD Radeon RX 6600

OS- Windows 10

Total RAM- 16 (13.9 usable)

Drivers UP to date.

Clip of what's happening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yr5fQebXKY

It is from the same shot, i cut a small chunk out and tried to put in a cross dissolve.

Origin: C100MK2 AVCHD

Bit Rate Mode: Variable

Frame Rate and Dimensions: 59.940 1920*1080

Codec: AVCHD but I'm using Performance Proxies.

Best Answer

• littlehausbigcity
    littlehausbigcity Posts: 124 Enthusiast
    Answer ✓

First off, you are using variable rate footage, and it's not matching up with your timeline so that's why the issues.

Best to transcode to constant frame rate, use Handbrake for that as it's been recommended by many uses here, and I do too.

Looking at the clip, very, very short but I saw a blink ever so briefly and yes, it's like what I experienced when I accidentally clicked on NO, instead of YES in the dialog box that came up when my footage was not matching up with my timeline, or rather, the other way around and saying NO would have had the footage corrected to fit the timeline.

Essentially, the dialog box was saying that the footage mismatched and needed to be corrected, and did I want it to be fixed (words to that effect).

First, most, if not all NLE editors dislike variable frame rate and are happiest using constant and it'll be much easier on your PC when editing anyway.

Hope this helps!

Answers