BSOD while using Hitfilm

imagine_
imagine_ Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

I'm not really sure if it is the cause but it has happened four times now while using hitfilm so I don't think it's a coincidence.

I used hitfilm on my laptop a year ago until I got an actual desktop. It was working perfect. So i downloaded it here so I can actually use my desktop to its potential. But it keeps crashing. first, it was just hitfilm. then while I was exporting, 78% through the export process, my pc BSOD. it might be that my drivers aren't up to date so I updated them. I decided to make sure my BiOS was updated as well just in case it might be the problem since it keeps telling me my pc doesn't meet the requirement for windows 11.

I tried exporting again then 48% through, BSOD again. I don't think my setup is not meeting the minimum requirement,

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x stock

GPU: RTX 3060ti stock

RAM: 16 gb (2x8gb) G.skill 3600mhz CL 16

PSU: 650W

Not a prebuilt.

I have tried everything. I checked the ram with memtest. It was fine. I changed the ram sticks around. Tried them one at a time. I stress test my pc and it was good. I don't even edit 4k videos. I was editing 720p. Playback was at 1/4 the resolution. Nothing running except Hitfilm and my notepad to look at timestamps on my videos.

Comments

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 646 Enthusiast

@imagine_

Sorry, but currently HitFilm does not support Windows 11.

• imagine_
    [{"insert":{"mention":{"name":"DataDesign","userID":24357}}},{"insert":" \nI didn't upgrade it to windows 11. I still use windows 10 since I don't want to learn a new UI.\n"}]
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,595 Ambassador

@DataDesign HF Express 2021.3 Patch #2 was released April 13, 2022 and states now that HF requires "Windows 10 (or above)." This implies that Express is Win 11 compatible. The only real known Win 11 bug was glitching frames on export, and that fix is the main reason for the patch.

That said, Hitfilm Pro is still listed as requiring Win 10. Period.

@imagine_ I suggest you speak directly with FXhome Support. A BSOD is not normal with Hitfilm and will probably relate to a software conflict on your system in a background process or something like your anti virus software (there are a couple of anti virus programs known to not play nicely with Hitfilm), but Support will have diagnostic tools to help narrow down your issue. We users would be blindly guessing.

• imagine_
    @Triem23

okay. thank you for the help :smile:
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,595 Ambassador

As a minor side note, you might want to tell support that your PC says it's not meeting minimum requirements for Windows 11. According to Microsoft's own specs page your CPU, GPU and RAM are absolutely in spec. What's your motherboard? If it's you own build I'm starting to wonder if you picked a mobo that isn't fully taking advantage of your CPU and GPU. I know very little about PC hardware and debugging, but, since your listed specs are well in what Microsoft's guidlines say should work, I'm wondering why your PC is telling you it can't. Mobo is the only thing I can think of offhand.

• imagine_

@Triem23

Thank you for your concern but I just updated my BIOS and I can download windows 11 now. It just needed BIOS update :)