Sony Vegas Pro 12 and Hitfilm 3 Pro (answered)

ArcShotJamesArcShotJames Website User Posts: 20
edited November 2014 in HitFilm

Hi Everyone,

My NLE of choice is Sony Vegas 12, and I was wondering if there is any way to get Hitfilm 3 to interact directly with Vegas like Hitfilm 2 does (as in, "add Hitfilm effect"? Currently, I have Hitfilm 2 and 3 installed, but Vegas  defers to Hitfilm 2.

A quick aside.. many thanks to Simon Jones for responding SO quickly to the other issue I had last night with the repeat Registration pop up. 

Comments

• IamJoshuaDaviesIamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 357 Staff
    edited November 2014

I'm not sure if Sony are planning on updating version 12 but Sony Vegas Pro 13 already integrates with HitFIlm 3 Pro. Today they also launched Vegas Pro 13 Suite+ which includes HitFilm 3 Pro and a bunch of other good stuff!

Vegas Pro 13 Suite Plus

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/

• ArcShotJamesArcShotJames Website User Posts: 20

Yes... I did notice that Joshua. I'm happy to leave well enough alone there for the moment, as Vegas 12 has been particularly stable for me 

• FooFoo Website User Posts: 2

Hello everyone, yap, I also just realized I lost the integration between Vegas Pro 12 and HF 2 Ultimate since I upgrated to HF 3. It's slightly frustrating to realize that your upgrate has a downgrade part to it. I believe the idea of integration between the two softwares should not have loopholes.

I still love HF 3:)

Cheers.

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,244 Staff
    edited November 2014

@Foo, - can you please re-install Hitfilm 2 Ultimate, and see if your integration is restored?  HitFilm 3 Pro shouldn't have any negative impact on Hitfilm 2 and Vegas 12 communicating.

We will have a look on our end, too, and see if we can spot anything.

• HitFilmer183113HitFilmer183113 Website User Posts: 4

I know this is an older thread, but I currently have SONY Vegas Pro 12 and HitFilm 3 Pro and where is the intregration? Is there an additional plug-in/install I need in order to get HitFilm 3 Pro to work inside Vegas Pro 12?  I have a Windows 7 x64 system.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,331 Ambassador

@Hitfilmer183113 You should be able to right-click a video or picture file on the Vegas timeline and select Add Hitfilm Effect. This will open Hitfilm to edit the clip and replace the original clip with the Hitfilm file on your Vegas timeline. Alternately, you can load a Hitfilm project into Vegas and the Editor Timeline of the Hitfilm project will be treated as a media clip. 

@Triem23. Ok thanks for your information. I see in the PDF Manual there is integration within Vegas Pro 13 but nothing was mentioned about Vegas Pro 12, which is the version I have.

When looking at the system requirements, HitFilm 3 Pro says it supports both Vegas Pro 12 & 13.

Thanks, I'll try again and see if I can see the Add Hitfilm Effect under Sony Vegas Pro 12.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast

Reinstall Hitfilm so it can see Vegas and reintegrate itself again. I've had integration with every version of Hitfilm from 2 onwards to every version of Vegas from 12 onwards with no problems. 

edited May 2017

@Palacono. Thank You. I will try that as well as a last ditch effort.  Is HitFilm 3 Pro v3.1.5213.10801 the last revision version?

Thanks.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast

Don't remember, but if it's not nagging you to update, you've got the latest. 

Ok, Thanks again Triem23 & Palacono for your help.

This discussion has been closed.