Hello!, uhm can you answer my question, uhm when i import an png image it has a duration on it 00:00

Answers

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,571 Ambassador

Sorry but what if the question?

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,891 Ambassador

@Leehongyo Not always a good idea to put your question in the title - it will get cut off. Place the question in the body of the message.

Go to File, Options, General and check the Clip Default Duration - it should be set to something other than Zero frames. I believe the default is 150 frames (i.e. 5 seconds). You can set that to whatever length you want. Set to 300 frames (10 sec) and then any image you drag out on the timeline will start out at 10 sec.

You can restore default times by clicking on Restore General Defaults at the bottom of the Options window.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,280 Power User

To make a slight "correction" ("clarification?") to what @Stargazer54 writes - default durations are in absolute frames, so, when Stargazer notes 150 frames as "5 seconds," That's specifically for a 29.97/30 fps project. At 59.94/60 fps 150 frames is 2.5 seconds. At 23.97/24fps it's 6.25 seconds, at 25 fps it's 6 seconds.

Number of frames (150) divided by framerate of Timeline equals duration, so, adjust as needed.

• Stargazer54
    edited March 27

Yep, thx for correction @Triem23 . I was thinking at 30 fps.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,280 Power User

@Stargazer54 Lets go with "Clarification," as what you said was correct. ;-)

• Leehongyo
    Leehongyo Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hello!, uhm can you answer my question, uhm when i import an png image it has a duration on it 00:00:00:02 thats the duration and if drag it to make longer it doesnt allow it. can anyone can solve my problem.

• Stargazer54
    edited April 6

@Leehongyo Your question was answered by my first response. Have you worked through the steps provided?

Also just FYI, the continued usage of "uhm" in your text messages really don't add to the clarity of your question. You might consider not using that in your writing going forward. Only pointing this out since I assume English may not be your primary language?