Hitfilm keep stalling when I try to edit the text.

RingkunMori
RingkunMori Posts: 46 Just Starting Out*
edited March 24 in HitFilm

I practically can't add or edit text in the current state, as just typing in a few letter causes the entire window to freeze, not to mention it freezes in a way that for whatever reason Hitfilm takes over the entire screen so I can't click out of the editor. It is very annoying. I suspect this might have to do with the proxy or some background process related to the text tool causing some issues when I update the text. Anyone know how I can fix this?

edit: One other thing causing similar effect, changing the opacity of a layer seems to do the same.

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,757 Ambassador

System specs? What are your Project Settings?

Also, you might check that auto timeline cache is turned off - Go to Project, Options, Cache and uncheck "Create timeline cache in background" For Proxies - if you don't need it, turn it off. Go to Project, Options, Proxies & Pre-Renders and set Create Proxies to None.

AFAIK, there is no background process related to the text tool, but auto timeline cache will affect the whole system.

• oxido
    oxido Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    I have the same problem.

16.0 GB DDR4
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
    GeForce GTX 1050Ti
    Windows 11
    HitFilm Express 2021.3 (18.0.12110.52955)
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,401 Ambassador

Does this happen on a new project with nothing in it?

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 646 Enthusiast

@oxido Currently Windows 11 is unsupported. May not be the problem, just saying.