Workflow Post Production - Hitfilm Pro

FXhomer211623
FXhomer211623 Posts: 8 Just Starting Out*

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve my post production workflow for hundreds of video clips?

The problem I run into on my projects is that I have numerous folders with lots raw videos in the media tab. I find it hard to know what raw video clips I have already reviewed. If I scroll through the media tab for a composite shot and come back to reviewing the raw video, I find it hard to know where I left off. Is there a way to mark clips as reviewed? I do not see any options to color code a clip or something similar.

I am assuming I am just not using the program correctly, and perhaps someone has some workflow tips.

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,740 Ambassador

@FXhomer211623 I feel your pain. I went through a similar process on my last big project with lots of video clips, interviews, b-roll, etc. Really a challenge to keep everything organized. My best advice is to create Folders in the Media bin and name them according to type of footage (or audio) and drag your clips into them. You can even create subfolders.

While this is not optimal, this is the best way I know to do it - although others may have better/more tips.

If you don't get more ideas here and have a specific method in mind that HF does not support, I would recommend that you create a post in the Feature Requests section.

There it can be upvoted by other users and the devs do look in there to see what software enhancements people are asking for.