The volume with my voice over is way too low! How do I increase the volume?

AnthonyStratton
AnthonyStratton Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Good Day,

I have this sound problem with Hit Film Express. I have a 4 minute voice over with me talking about orangutans. It sounds fine in Audacity. I exported it and played it with VLC Player. It still sounds fine.

I imported it into Hit Film Express. The volume is so low that I can barely hear it! I pushed the horizontal volume line all the way up. I can still barely hear myself!

This version of Hit Film Express is about 2 months old. I’m using a Hewlett Packard Pavilion notebook with Windows 10.

Houston, what is the problem here?

Thank you much, Anthony 😀

Answers

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,488 Moderator

Please include your system specs and MediaInfo for your VO track as per this post:

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,488 Moderator

If you're on Windows, try right-clicking your volume button in the taskbar and select Open Volume Mixer. Ensure that HitFilm's volume is turned all the way up.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,759 Ambassador

@AnthonyStratton First click on your audio track, go to the Controls tab and make sure it is set at 0 dB. Then check that the Master volume is also set to 0 dB.

Go to the "Window" menu a the top of the UI and below Workspaces make sure the Audio Mixer is checked and on. Then find the Audio Mixer tab (which I believe should be in the top middle of the UI, next to the Trimmer tab) and make sure Master volume is set to 0 dB. If you can't find it, you can go to Window, Workspaces and pick Editing and that should bring back the tab.

Depending on your color scheme, the slider may be hard to see. In the example below it is just a little gray dot. You can either slide that up or down or explicitly type in a value at the bottom. Essentially everything should start at 0 dB. Only make adjustments to individual Audio tracks. If you bump the Master volume then that makes everything go up or down.