Hitfilm projects are suddenly missing

Julian21
Julian21 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Hello dear Hitfilm Community, I have a problem with Hitfilm and hope someone can help me. I have been using Hitfilm Pro and Express for over 5 years and save all my Hitfilm projects in an extra folder just for that. Today I wanted to open a project from last summer and found that this file and many others are missing. Currently there are about 58 project files in this folder, normally there should be about three times as many. I filtered by creation date and there are missing files between end of 2018, complete 2019, 2020 until December 2021. Only projects until October 2018 and from December 2021 until now are in the folder. I have also not moved any files and do not know why they are missing. Otherwise there are no problems with the hard drive at all. I have make an error check of the hard drive that could not find any errors. All the exports of these missing projects are on the same hard disk, but fortunately still there. In general, no data is missing on this hard drive, only the Hitfilm projects between 2018 and 2021. I have not deleted these project files in any case and there was always enough space available. Can it be that Hitfilm has moved the projects for some reason? I find it so strange that not all are missing or random but only from a certain period. I do not know exactly since when the missing because I rarely look in the folder, but know 100% that I worked in November with projects that are now missing. But I'm also pretty sure that it must have happened recently. I hope you can help me, because I am really desperate.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Julian21
    Julian21 Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

Thanks triforcevfx, I have now scanned all my hard drives for the .hfp files (took a bit of time with about 8TB of storage) and found them on another hard drive. I really have no idea how they ended up there, but am very happy to have found them. Thanks again and have a great day.