HitFilm 3 Pro out now

SimonKJones
SimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast

HitFilm 3 Pro has arrived. Read more...

This is a comment topic for a blog post.

Comments

• NovianLeVan
    NovianLeVan Website User Posts: 49
    edited November 2014

Wooooooooooo! Too bad I'm not at my main computer at the moment. By the way, love the new website design! 

• DreamArchitect
    DreamArchitect Website User Posts: 597 Enthusiast

Fantastic, can't wait to try it out

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,807 Ambassador
    edited November 2014

Ext, FxHome Headquarters, Right before lunch. 

Heavy clouds, we see a FLASH of LIGHTNING. The thunder rolls over Norwich with the grumble   of a god of old stirring in slumber as we. 

CROSS DISSOLVE TO:

INT-FXHOME OFFICE

The room is darkened,but for the sinister twinkling of LED's from power indicators and modem lights, glows  from the screens of camera viewfinders, and the eerie shafts from monitors. JOSHUA DAVIES looms, majestic in his madness in foreground. Behind him a hunchbacked  SIMON JONES grasps a knife switch. 

SIMON heaves, grunting as he slams the knife switch down. A tesla coil or Jacob's Ladder sparks to life.

JOSHUA DAVIES: It's alive, IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE! 

CUT TO:

-HITFILM PRO 3 LOGO

Montage of awesome.  

CUT TO:

AXEL WILKENSON, smiling at his desk. Clearly visible in a monitor, a videocall window reads "BUFFERING."   

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,085 Staff

@Triem23, you just made everyone's day.

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast

A surprisingly accurate retelling.

• IamJoshuaDavies
    IamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 360 Staff

The team have done an amazing job with everything - the software, the website, the communications... and there is still so much more to come. I am really excited!

It's alive, IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!

Great to see the blog sitting so pretty in the website it was designed for!

• NovianLeVan
    NovianLeVan Website User Posts: 49

@Triem23 Can't stop laughing.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,807 Ambassador

Make your day? Hell, I owe you coffee now, officially. ;-) 

• Pencilandinc
    Pencilandinc Website User Posts: 140 Enthusiast

@Triem23

Ok, now you KNOW you're gonna have to shoot that and post it on the wall, right? That was TOO good...

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,722 Ambassador

YAY! Great job guys!!!!!

• HarryTippetts
    HarryTippetts Website User Posts: 65
    edited November 2014

Is it bad that I spent some considerable time clicking the menu button to watch the animation? 

Also HF3 is nice!

• IamJoshuaDavies
    edited November 2014

The plugins are whatever the host (that we support) needs. So for Vegas Pro they are OpenFX, for Adobe and Apple they are the native APIs.

The proxies are most useful when it comes to comps rather than the NLE. As long as a child comp isn't 3D unrolled within the parent comp then you can embed them as you like. I do this all the time. :)

• RobinDaviesRollinson
    RobinDaviesRollinson Website User Posts: 40

I really like the look of Pro 3, though I haven't yet had time to test all the new features.

One thing that I'd like help with though, is trying to integrate it with Vegas Pro 13. Since installing the new upgrade and still keeping Ultimate 2 on the PC, Vegas isn't showing either of the programmes when right-clicking on clips on the Vegas timeline.

Any ideas please?

• IamJoshuaDavies
    edited November 2014

@RobinDaviesRollinson Really glad you like the look of the software. :) Sony should be pushing an update to get it all working their end very soon.

Development is ongoing even as a write this and while we're focusing on the main HitFilm 3 Pro platform over the coming month we will be looking at the plugins too before very long. I believe that additional effects from HitFilm 3 Pro would come to the plugins before supporting any new platforms as supporting those impacts our development and testing in a huge way.

@HitFilmer64744 We do test the software a lot and, to my knowledge, there has been no reports of this issue. Please contact support straight away and we'll work out the issue.

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,250 Staff

@HitFilmer64744 - if you run into trouble with the software, please contact support, and we are happy to help you find a solution.  http://hitfilm.com/questions/submit

• IamJoshuaDavies
    edited November 2014

We're working with some great companies who make OpenFX plugins at the moment who are host specific and are adding us in the very near future which is great news (more to come on that).

We will look at supporting additional hosts but we have to do them specifically and one at a time because of the high requirements that some of our plugins have. Let us know if any of you have requests for specific hosts.

• jsljustin
    jsljustin Website User Posts: 72
    edited November 2014

Yes, resolve is fussy when it comes to plugins. I have had a few Ofx plugins that didn't work in it.

From what I see, HF3 will be great.. just a few teething problems. No software, no matter how well tested, is ever perfect straight off the bat. Enough feedback and interaction and I'm sure soon HF3 will be rock solid and great, like 2 is/was.

• SimonKJones
    edited November 2014

I tend to flick back and forth between the editing and compositing workspaces, depending on the kind of project I'm working on. 

• jsljustin
    edited November 2014

What would be really useful is to be able to dock and resize / undock some windows. For example, I have a classic UI but then added the meters (adding windows is a nice touch guys), but then I cannot shrink the meters down to the size it is in the default (I went to classic to hide the trimmer window).

• SimonKJones

Sounds like you might want to move the meters. If you pick up its title bar you can hover over another panel to choose a drop zone. 

• jsljustin
    edited November 2014

Sorry Simon - my fault, it works! After some playing around with it, I noticed the drop zones on the other windows.. Brilliant! My hat is off to you guys.. excellent. The layout can be customized to almost anything.

<disregard> Yes, thanks Simon. The problem is, I click on the meters title bar and drag, but the only places it can go are the edges, and it is always full size. No big deal, but it would be ideal to be able to drag it down to snap to half height like it is in the default. </disregard>

• Grisby
    Grisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out*

CONGRATS! :-)
    What a Pity, i am not able to upgrade at the Moment. :-(
    Oh, and your new Website Design ist great NOW! Finally there's a Concept behind the Changes of the last Months! ;-)

Greetings,
    Chris

• KirstieT
    edited November 2014

Thanks @Grisby - glad you like the new website :)

• JonnyMac
    JonnyMac Website User Posts: 11
    edited November 2014

I downloaded and installed with no problems, but when I tried to open the demo file (that appeared on YouTube this morning) HFP3 crashed. I uninstalled everything HFU2 and HFP3, re-booted my computer, then reinstalled HFP3. Still crashes when trying to open the demo or even start a new, blank project.

Admittedly, I didn't use HFU2 very much (new to all of this), but I never had any problems with it on this machine.

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,250 Staff

Every aspect of the interface layout is adjustable, so you can show or hide only the panels you want to see, adjust their positions and size, and then save the layouts you want to use, so they perfectly fit your preferences and workflow.

• KirstieT

@JohnnyMac - so sorry you're having trouble with HitFilm 3 Pro. If you have the exact same specs and set up as HitFilm 2, then I'd suggest you send in a support ticket so we can find out exactly what's going on: www.hitfilm.com/questions/submit

• mochaPro
    mochaPro Website User Posts: 12 Just Starting Out*

Congratulations to the entire FXhome team on this excellent new release AND new website! Very impressive. 

From all of us at Imagineer Systems, (the mocha team)

• rgbii
    rgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out

Nice job!

It's was nice when you added integration with vegas - have really enjoyed this and will continue to use it, but it's sooooo nice to be able to quickly add an effect or two as plugins - a much faster workflow.

Thanks for including them with Hitfilm 3 Pro.

• SimonKJones

Yeah, the inclusion of the plugins gives people who use multiple programs such a great workflow choice. If you're doing something relatively simple in your edit, or just a spot of grading, then you can stay in Vegas/Premiere/FCPX. If you want to do something more involved, jump into HF3P.

The further we  got through HF3's development, the more we realised it just made sense to combine the standalone and plugin products together, especially at the lower price point. I'm sure some people will buy solely for HitFilm 3 Pro itself, some will buy solely for the plugins, and some will buy for a bit of both. Which is fine by me.

• KirstieT
    edited November 2014

@mochaPro - thanks for popping into the forums guys! Glad you liked the website. 

And @rgbii - I'm glad to hear that you are finding the plugins really useful. We're trying to help make everyone's workflow as seamless as possible, so it's good to know it made a difference to you.