How do you get the Set Matte effect to work on a Grade Layer that has the effect Blur on it?

jonstranks
jonstranks Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

Hello!

I've been trying to solve this problem for the past few days...

I have a plane (1) which is acting as a mask. I have a few other planes, a text layer and a grade layer with the blur effect on it and I have applied the SET MATTE effect on all of those and used the plane (1) as the source layer, Alpha as the matte source mode and subtract for blend.

All of the planes and text layers get hidden behind the plane (1) which I want. However, the grade layer with the blur effect on it does not. I want to be able to hide the grade layer with the blur on it as well.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I've ran into multiple dead ends on this one.

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,595 Ambassador

You should be able to add a Set Matte effect to the Grade Layer itself with the same plane as the source.

• jonstranks
    jonstranks Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
    [{"insert":"Yep, which I have done, but you can either still see the blur or I get an undesired artifact (depending on the Set Matte effect settings). If you look at the blurred layer on the first and second photo you'll see what I mean.\nYou can also see it in the third photo along with the plane that is acting as the mask.\n"}]