How to click and drag an image?

andrewlik
andrewlik Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

What I am specifically trying to replicate is this type of video, where I click and drag images to the beat of the music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_isjbl56oA

I found how to click and drag from a corner, and I can adjust the anchor point for some effects, but what I lack is the ability to click and drag from the top-centre instead of the corner, which gives the nice stretching effect. Is there a way I can do this in Hitfilm?

(I'm new to these forums, feel free to re-tag this post if needed)

Answers

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 638 Enthusiast

@andrewlik You might be able to use the "Puppet Tool" to accomplish this.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,425 Moderator
    edited January 19

If you’re going for the meme-y version of the effect seen in this video with the actual bounding boxes and mouse cursor, these sorts of videos are literally screen recordings of someone using a layer transform tool in some photo editing software (though you could certainly composite all the different elements together in HitFilm).

If you’re looking for a slightly more “professional” look, you could try using HitFilm’s Quad Warp effect, or the Puppet Tool as @DataDesign mentioned.

Edit: There’s also the Bezier Warp effect which might be helpful, but there’s actually not much info on it and I don’t have time to play with it.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,511 Ambassador

@triforcefx Bezier Warp would give a fairly different look. The video shown here is mostly doing straight scale transforms (and some skew), while Bezier Warp tends to push things into curves. But, it would create some fun looks.

The video the OP showed is obviously comped together from multiple recordings of playing around with Scale on a contrasting color, go keying... Unless there's a version of Photoshop accepting input from ten mice at once. 😉

Your Quad Warp idea is another good one, along with @DataDesign suggesting Puppet.

• andrewlik
    edited January 20
    (Edited for formatting :Phil)

If you're going for the meme-y version of the effect seen in this video with the actual bounding boxes and mouse cursor, these sorts of videos are literally screen recordings of someone using a layer transform tool in some photo editing software (though you could certainly composite all the different elements together in HitFilm).
    If you're looking for a slightly more "professional" look, you could try using HitFilm's Quad Warp effect, or the Puppet Tool as DataDesign mentioned.

Edit: There's also the Bezier Warp effect which might be helpful, but there's actually not much info on it and I don't have time to play with it.
    "If you’re going for the meme-y version of the effect seen in this video with the actual bounding boxes and mouse cursor, these sorts of videos are literally screen recordings of someone using a layer transform tool in some photo editing software (though you could certainly composite all the different elements together in HitFilm). If you’re looking for a slightly more “professional” look, you could try using HitFilm’s Quad Warp effect, or the Puppet Tool as DataDesign mentioned. There’s also the Bezier Warp effect which might be helpful, but there’s actually not much info on it and I don’t have time to play with it.
  • andrewlik

Oh dear god that quote though what happened there.