Latest release keeps hanging/freezing

MadameBerry
MadameBerry Posts: 3 Just Starting Out
edited January 10 in HitFilm

Lately, Hitfilm Express 2021.3 has been hanging or freezing while I'm trying to edit. It will eventually right itself and I can work again. This seems to mostly happen after I pause or move the timeline marker, thankfully not while the preview is playing. It also seems to happen consistently while I was to record a voiceover, resulting in that voiceover corrupting. Once the countdown reaches 1, it freezes for a moment and then generates a clip with a 0 frame duration.

The only thing I've noticed as far as how my PC is running is that for some reason, during the duration it's hanging, Power Usage spikes to "very high" - it goes back to low when the program is working correctly. However, while it's hanging, there seems to be no effect on CPU, GPU, or memory drain. That in and of itself is very confusing to me.

I've updated my graphics drivers and that did not solve the issue. I'm really not sure what's causing this to happen.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
  • Windows 10 64 bit
  • 16GB RAM

Tagged:

Comments

• MadameBerry

Commenting with a screenshot of what my task manager typically looks like while this hangup is happening.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,181 Expert

@MadameBerry This sounds an awful lot an issue others reported involving the Timeline Cache feature that was added in 2021.1. The last post in this thread has an image and instructions on how to turn this off, but the Devs at Support were very keen on tracking down what arrangements were the root cause so filing a Support ticket is heartily recommended. Be sure to include the specs you listed above and any other system info you know, You never know what piece of hardware may be the offender.

• MadameBerry
    Oh. I should clarify - I had turned that option off in the 2021.1 release because it had been causing me problems then. I double-checked in case it had turned back somehow, but it's still off.
  • spikeberg
    spikeberg Posts: 1 Just Starting Out*

Hi, could you solve that issue? I am having exactly the same issue. Kind regards, Phillip