Upgrading from hitfilm 2 Ultimate

Al-ras
Al-ras Posts: 3 Enthusiast

Hi, any discount available in this case. I bought time ago hitfilm ultimate and after that upgraded to hitfilm 2 Ultimate. I know it was some time ago, any chance to get an upgrade price from there?

thanks a lot

Answers

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,244 Ambassador

Probably not. Hitfilm Ultimate 2 is ten years old at this point.

• Al-ras

I was afraid of that… 😄 but worth asking. Just in case…

thanks

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesPosts: 1,340 Moderator

A few things to note:

1. If you’re logged into the account linked with your original purchase, prices in the store will include any discounts you might have.
    2. FXhome has stated that they are looking to make the software “more affordable” sometime this year. It’s not known exactly what this means, but it might be worth waiting for.
    3. The minimum specs have increased significantly since HitFilm 2. In fact, if you are still using the same hardware you purchased 2 on, your computer will not run the latest version. If you decide to upgrade, make sure your computer is up to the task.
    4. Unless you use HitFilm for particle sims and 3d model, the free HitFilm Express can do almost everything that HitFilm 2 Ultimate could. You can even purchase add-ons to get 3D models and particle sims. It might be worth looking into Express.
  • spyresca
    spyresca Posts: 224 Enthusiast

"More affordable" is industry standard jargon for "Subscription based model", but I'd be thrilled to be wrong about that in terms of HF (doubt it tho', since Artlist (Hitfilm) are a sub based enterprise).

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,176 Ambassador

That could be the case, but here Fxhome is not saying pay me to use the software, it's saying pay me to get the latest software after 12months, but if your happy carry on using it for as long as you like. Unlike other models that won't let you use the software once you stop paying.

• spyresca

Welp, seeing how older versions don't seem to be getting support for Windows 11, what is really being said (if subscriptions are the future and I think that are) is "Better subscribe, or that old perpetual license might well break with your shiny new Windows 11 machine."

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,244 Ambassador

@spyresca I'll be waiting with baited breath for your list of other companies putting out updates to their older versions of software to update for Windows 11 compatibility.

Older versions. A Vegas Pro 19.x update won't count. I'm looking for updates to Vegas 18. Adobe CC 2020. Mocha Pro 5. PDHowler 2021. Blender 2.8. Resolve 16. Civilization V. Homeworld 2.

You've made a quite silly statement, here.

• spyresca

It's not silly (or untrue) to note that lack of a Windows 11 compatible version of HF will drive users of that OS to a version with that support (I'm guessing it'll be the "Saving you money, via subscription model version" whenever that arrives.)

Add lack of HF sale events, fostering more expired licenses, then yeah, I can see that being conducive to driving potential future sub based HF revenue.

Silly me.

• Al-ras

Thanks for the tips. I've updated my hardware several times from then, so no problem with that.

I'll be aware in case they change something... Thanks a lot!