Why is the underlying stroke sometime bigger and sometimes thiner altough the used font is the same?

vanny_f
vanny_f Posts: 65 Just Starting Out*

Hi all,

I have a question about Hitfilm Express. Why is the underlying stroke sometime bigger and sometimes thiner altough the used font is the same?

Here you have a Screenshot of two underlyned headers that both have the same font.

Here you can see the font parameters that are exactly the same for both:

Further, there is nothing overlaying the thinner stroke. I moved its position but this did not change anything. For me this is kind of strange. Can you explain this?

Best Answer

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,244 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

Is one "paragraph" text and the other "object" text? Paragraph text is when you draw a text box then type and the text wraps to fill the box. Object text is when you just click and type and have to add spaces manually.

Hitfilm text layers are rasterized when created and the edge of the bounding box around the text is a hard limit. Pixels can't appear outside the box.

So, with the thinner underlined text, the blue bounding box is showing and you can see the underline is overlapping the bounding box. The bottom of the underline is outside the bounding box and is being cut off. The bounding box isn't shown on the other text, but I think I'm on the right track.

Now, the text with the thinner underline also has a lot of blank space to the right of the words. I'm thinking it's paragraph text? If so, just drag the box out a little taller and the layer will have room to draw the rest of the underline. If it's object text, then you may have found a bug and we'll tag a dev into this conversation and get it logged.

Answers