"Render Process has crashed" /& "the memory could not be read" message

Bella
Bella Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

Why is my render process crashing when I'm trying to export my video?

Hello! I'm having some problems with the software. It keep displaying the message "The render process has crashed please try again". It also sometimes displays the message (that will be attached to this message). I've never had this happen before but figured it might do with something with the memory of my laptop, but I'm not sure? I've cleared so many files; I believe there should be enough memory available. In total, I can store up to 237 GB and 16.6 GB is still free. I've tried 3 times to export it and it just won't process more than 4 minutes, it just stops there. I also did a sfc/scannow on my laptop

and cleared the cache media file, yet it still won't export it. The video is 15 minutes long and it doesn't have any composite shots. Prior to this, ever since I updated my laptop from Windows 10 to 11, HitFilm has been crashing every so minutes when I'm editing, so I don't know what that means, but I've learned to live with it since it's not that BIG of a deal. But if you could be of help with these concerns it would be appreciated! Please let me know if you need more information!

Operating System: Windows 11

Product: HitFilm Express

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz   1.20 GHz

Graphics card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Yes, they are updated)

RAM: 8.00 GB (7.70 GB useable)

Running 32-bit or 64-bit? 64-bit

Use Anti-virus software? Nothing that I've downloaded, but just the one that already comes with Windows.

Tagged:

Answers

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,181 Expert
    edited February 24

@Bella I suspect the OS, Windows 11, is the source of your issues. Hitfilm is not certified for that OS, and while others have managed to get results with it. I believe it is very dependent on the build of the system if it works or not at this time. I caution, I am not a tech wizard. So I could be mistaken and there is another issue.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,406 Ambassador

Hi, it could also me just the available memory to the GPU. I recently ran into this when I was pushing my luck while running Hitfilm and a 3d application at the same time. You need to check what the available memory is to your GPU, which is not going to be a lot given your using an processor bound graphics engine.

It might be work having a look at what you have running, pop up task manager and see what applications/processes are running in background. These may be hogging resources.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,603 Ambassador

Hitfilm 2021.3 and later has an i5 CPU as minimum spec. Your i3 is under spec. You have the bare minimum RAM and GPU. Hitfilm does not yet support Win 11. Any of these could contribute to the issue.

I don't think I recall seeing what you describe before and have no idea how to approach it. You should probably go through official support channels. The forum is user based, and I think we're stumped