HitFilm Express transfer to new ssd

Neo_101
Neo_101 Posts: 1

I transfer my install of HitFillm Express to a new ssd, I had used the Pay What You Want option so I got some addons with it. When I loaded up Hitfilm to try to do some editing none of the addons that I had are working. I am not sure what to do, I have tried deactivating, reactivating, restarting my computer, and updating my graphics drivers. I am not sure what to do now. I bought my installation back in 2020 and have loved it so far but this is a big issue for me.

Tagged:

Answers

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,155 Expert

@Neo_101 All of the activation info is tied to your account (email) used when you downloaded the program the first time, so it should carry over with no issue when you reinstall using that account info. You may have to contact technical support if that is what you are already doing though, but it will be Monday at the earliest before you can expect a reply because of the weekend. https://fxhome.com/questions/submit Hope this helps you out.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,244 Ambassador

If you didn't deactivate before transferring drives, then Hitfilm is likely confused about activation.

Uninstall Hitfilm.

Go to FXhome.com/account. Here you can manage activations. My guess is you'll show an activation, so deactivate from here.

Reinstall Hitfilm.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need the support link tddavis gave in his post.