Playing with the Particle Simulator

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,211 Ambassador

That's fun, but I (jokingly) argue it's two months early!

Give your particles a nice red/pink gradient and you're ready for Valentine's Day. ❤️

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,176 Ambassador

Very nice, good look.

• DanSumner
    DanSumner Posts: 30 Enthusiast

Thank You for the Comments. Yes, I will try the gradient. I used the particles in my daughters wedding video I am working on so thought the white hearts fit it a little better. Really have enjoyed working in Hitfilm! Almost done with her video.

• Triem23

Oh, for a wedding, white is a great choice! The whole thing is a wonderful transition.

FWIW I've done weddings for 15 years and that sequence is a big thumbs up. 👍👍 Nicely done.

• DanSumner

Thank you so much for the thumbs up. I was not sure if that was a little to much on the effects. Not real experienced in this but love learning.

• Triem23

Styles change in wedding and event videos, but, in general, for montages, slide shows, and other such sections you want some stuff with some flash and style. The ceremony, speeches and "rituals" (bouquets, cake, dances, etc) should more or less just be simple cuts - the event is the story - but for extras and transitions, yeah, play with the VFX.

If wedding video was something you were to do regularly, you'd definitely want to make sure you set up that transition as your own "template" so you'd be able to re-load and re-use whenever you want. You create one or two new fancy things a project and, eventually, you have your own custom library of fun. Get enough of them completed and you can start offering clients a "style menu."

And a build of hearts forming a heart around a photo is a great custom build. I honestly can't believe I've never thought of this because it's the kind of look where you face-palm and think "That's so perfect and obvious!"

So I'm gonna build something similar for my own library.

• DanSumner

Thank you for the advice! You are very helpful. I will look into saving the effect as a template and start doing that going forward

• Gelqone
    Gelqone PolandPosts: 103 Enthusiast

Very nice! Good job!