My video isn't exporting correctly

DutchWSG
DutchWSG Posts: 5 Just Starting Out

I just finished making a small video for some colleagues and i but every time i export the video, the images that i have applied over my video are not positioned correctly and sporadically fly off every where . Some of them even appear either too early or too late for the timing. In my Editor timeline and Viewer however, they appear to be completely fine?

Am i possibly exporting it in correctly? I put the video file through handbrake to fix the audio and video de-sync earlier as i thought that may be the issue but i just can't seem to get it right no matter how much i fiddle with the positions of the images..

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,899 Ambassador

What are your system specs per the posting requirement here:

Without seeing your project file I can only assume that you have set keyframes for positioning on your images and that is causing them to move around - otherwise they would stay put. But without your specs it is hard to rule out hardware issues.

• DutchWSG
    So sorry! I didn't think it was a software/hardware issue that i would need to supply this info!! I pasted the info below and as much Codec info below as well. Thanks for the help!!

CPU: i7-8700k

GPU(s): Gigabyte Gtx 1070

Operating System and version: Win 10 x64

Total RAM: 16gb DDR4 3200

Model name: Custom Build

Any relevant steps or events that led to the issue: None that i can think of

Drivers are up-to-date

MediaInfo:

Origin: screen recording (mobile). Put through Handbrake

Frame rate mode: Constant, 24.000 FPS

Frame rate and dimensions: 24.000FPS 1920 x 1080

Codec Info:
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : [email protected]
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=16
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 52 s 208 ms
    Bit rate : 5 510 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
  • Stargazer54

@DutchWSG Thanks for the specs. So that rules out a hardware issue. And since you've run your video thru Handbrake I can assume that it is Constant Frame Rate. The issue is your still images are jumping around?

Again, as I mentioned above the only way the images would move around is if you have set keyframes on the Transform property of the images. Can you be more specific about how you are bringing in your images and how you are placing them on the timeline. Are you doing any sort of transitions (e.g. dissolves) on them or between them and the video?

A screen grab of your timeline at the point in time where you see the jumps in your exported video would be helpful.

• DutchWSG
    Thanks for the reply,

I simply drag and drop them accordingly to where i want them to appear on a 2nd video track. I don't use the Transform property to Position and Rotate them, i instead use the Controls option to do so. No Transitions for any of the images either.

Note: It's a very small video of some cut-out faces over some characters in a movie. I decided i wouldn't make a composite shot- to save some time. I simply click on each image and adjust it by the Controls option frame by frame for every Position and Rotation i wanted it to be in. After i exported my project i noticed the problem where the faces are not positioned in the exact spots where i wanted them to be.

I decided to then fumble around with some settings to figure out if my video frame rate had anything to do with it but that didn't work upon exporting it either.

Lastly, i attempted to work on it through the Composite Shot to see if that would maybe fix the issue, but it didn't.

Let me know if you can see the image:

https://imgur.com/MRWrZLc
  • DutchWSG
    I apologize, i meant to add the timeline and another image but it only shared the one above.

Here is the timeline:
    https://imgur.com/XcLcN8Q
  • Stargazer54

BTW, you can copy an image and paste directly into your forum post so you don't have to upload to a 3rd party site.

If by saying you position with the Controls tab, I assume you are are either moving the Position in either the Controls panel or using the Positioning Arrows in the Viewer? Note in Controls under Transform, the Position property has a white circle next to it. If you click that it turns blue and every time you reposition the image it will create a keyframe at that point in time.

From your second image, if you are trying to replace the face in the video with an overlaid image and the video is moving then you would most certainly have to create keyframes to keep the image in place.

On the off chance that there is something amiss with your project file, I would suggest creating a new one and test out overlaying a couple of images on some test footage. Starting with a clean slate might reveal where the hitch in the get along is.

• DutchWSG
    I forgot to mention that i know how to create key frame and how to position the overlaid images with key frames.

For some reason when i export the video, it moves in an exaggerated way that i didn't do or want and completely goes either too far left or too far right meaning, the overlaid faces are out of whack and all over the place. I don't know if its the speed of the overlaid images or the speed of the video but no mater how many times i try to adjust the positions the images are not where i intended for them to be.

I'll try and start over from scratch and see if maybe that will fix the issue. I appreciate the help!