How do I fix audio shift after exporting?

tjo303
tjo303 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

I've been doing quite a lot of sound design work for a Lego Stop Motion video I've been working on for a little while now. However, after exporting the video to an MP4 (I intend to upload it to YouTube), the whole audio is slightly shifted, just enouch to make all my mouth animations and stuff not sink up anymore. Everything was perfect in Hitfilm on the timeline but after exporting it and playing it in Windows Media Player, the audio is shifted. It's kind of dissapointing because I did a lot if work on this video and I really don't want to have to start over in a new program. P.S I'm using Hitfilm Express

Answers

• tjo303
    Also, I've checked a few times and all my videos are in a constant framerate as I used animation software and checked this on all of my shots with media info. I don't know what to do now, i've tried tinkering around with all sorts of settings but I just don't know what to do anymore.
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,555 Ambassador

@tjo303 My guess is that the Editor project settings frame rate does not match the Export Preset you are using to export. You want to make sure those match. For example if you are Editing at 24fps and exporting at 30fps, that might cause a sync issue. Even though the software "should" compensate on export, a fps mismatch could cause an issue.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Posts: 4,088 Enthusiast

Not sure how much your shift is but...

Hitfilm has a small but detectable audio shift on export. It's been that way for ages. Unlikely to change.

Here is a thread where I first became aware of this phenomenon.

https://community.fxhome.com/discussion/48556/audio-lag-slippage-can-you-help-get-it-fixed

• tjo303
    Thanks guys for the replies!
    I found out what my problem is but still don't know how to fix it without restarting. The problem was that all my footage was at 15.152fps but I was trying to export at 15fps. However, I can't find an option to export at 15.152fps and when I change my project settings to 15fps, black flashes appear in my video that make it really uncomfortable to watch. (Probably where Hitfilm has removed parts of frames). Do you guys know a plug in or if I can do this with pro? Or how to bring my project to some other software and export it from there?